OGXbox.com

[SOLVED] XBMC4G Not reading entire drive

Trustin

Ok, I'm going out of my mind here, and I hope I can get some help, and a direction.

I will try to provide as much info as possible.

Xbox Hardware: 1.6

Mod Chip: xecuter 3 ce

Bios: (tried multiple with same outcome) Currently one made with EVTool

HDD: Western Digital Blue 3TB SATA w/ Startech SATA converter & 80 wire 40 pin IDE cable

So here is the problem.  I have re-formatted the drive and partitioned it multiple times using different tools off of the "OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.4" Disk.  I have use multiple Bios and with success have see the F drive in OGXBox Installer, and XBMC4G as a 2TB usable space.  After I transfer my games to the drive, I can only see 256 out of over 800 games.  The other games come up as gibberish and can't access them (please see attached photos).  Even when I look in the file explorer in XBMC4G I can only see 256 games.  If I FTP to the drive, I see all the games.  I'm completely out of ideas why I would get this problem multiple times.

Please help :( 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Trustin
Photos not attached?

If you are using the X3 BIOS, you need to enable the Use Saved Partition Table setting from the X3 Config Live menu.

X3 BIOS - Large Hard Drive - Use Saved Partition Table (photo album tutorial)

If not the X3 BIOS, you need a BIOS that has the LBA48 v2 or later patch installed.  Run XBPartitioner v1.3 to verify the version of the LBA48 support.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

85044186_XBPartitionerv1.3PartitionList.jpg.025cb07d73e1f1cf4c36ff5bc2463bde.jpg

3 hours ago, Trustin said:

Ok, 

I reflashed the bios (made sure to have patch V3) to the Xecuter bios, changed settings, and still only show 256 games.  I'm about throw throw this Xbox into the river. lol

Is the Use Save Partition Table setting Enabled?

Run XBPartitioner v1.3 and post  a screenhot of it's main screen.

Also FTP to the console to show the directory listing of the E, F and G drives.

Are the Games split across the F and G in subfolders of a Games directory on each of these extended partitions?

Edit: Oops, forget this next query. Not relavent with XBMC4Gamers.

Is UnleashX's config.xml set to scan all three of these drive's Games directories to add them to the menu?

Excerpt from UnleashX's config.xml <Menu>...</Menu> section:

<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Games</Path>
		<Path>F:\Games</Path>
		<Path>G:\Games</Path>
	</List>

Okay wait.  the X3 BIOS does not support larger than 1TB per extended partition.  You may be able to create a larger than 1TB but it will not work. 

The only tool available to format/partition larger than a 1TB partition for Evox Titan is FATXplorer 3.0 Beta.

Evox M8plus Titan only supports access to one extended partition, partition 6 - the F drive, which uses all of the remaining space above the 8GBs for the stock partitions.  I believe it, FATXplorer 3.0 Beta, will only format the hard drive for use with Evox M8plus Titan when the hard drive is over 2.2TBs in size.  Otherwise, the Titan patch for Evox M8plus is not needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Evox M8plus Titan only supports access to one extended partition, partition 6 - the F drive, which uses all of the remaining space above the 8GBs for the stock partitions.  I believe it, FATXplorer 3.0 Beta, will only format the hard drive for use with Evox M8plus Titan when the hard drive is over 2.2TBs in size.  Otherwise, the Titan patch for Evox M8plus is not needed.

ok, Let me Flash the Bios for Evox M8plus seeing that Partition 6 is not larger then 2.2TB.  seeing that the xecuter 3 chip has multiple memory banks, do you recommend a size, or bank?

2 hours ago, Trustin said:

ok, Let me Flash the Bios for Evox M8plus seeing that Partition 6 is not larger then 2.2TB.  seeing that the xecuter 3 chip has multiple memory banks, do you recommend a size, or bank?

Evox is 256KB. So select one 256k bank. Assuming that your X3 bios is flashed to banks 1 through 4 (X3 bios is 1MB) I would use bank 8, which you can select with switch 4 on only.

Make sure the write protection is disabled.

• Like 1

To use the entire 3GBs, you will have to flash an Evox M8plus Titan + HD+ patched BIOS to your X3 modchip.  Most Xbox BIOSes are only 256KBs in size.  The exceptions are Team Xecuter's X3 BIOS being 1MB in size and their X2 5035 BIOS being 512KBs in size.

You can use any appropriately sized bank that is not already in use on the X3 modchip.  Normally, the X3 BIOS occupies the first 4 256KB banks 1, 2, 3 and 4 leaving banks 5, 6, 7 and 8 available to flash with either 4 separate 256KB BIOSes or 2 256KB BIOSes and 1 512KB BIOS.   A 512KB Bios cannot be flashed to banks 6 and 7.  It must start on either bank 5 or bank 7 to occupy banks 5 and 6 or 7 and 8.  

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Am I mixing up two users' Xboxes here?

Now, that I've reread this thread, I see no mention of the HD+ HDMI mod other than those that I've made.

Does the OP's Xbox have a MakeMHz HD+ HDMI mod installed or not?

You may be mixing it up with SaturnX's MakeMhz/XeniumOS 2.3.5 thread.

13 hours ago, Trustin said:

To format the hard drive correctly, you must use XBPartitioner v1.3 to format the extended partitions with 64KB clusters - only 2.2TBs of the drive will be accessible.  Or, if you want to use all of the space available on a 3TB drive on a v1.6 xbox, you must apply the Titan patch to the Evox M8plus_16.bin BIOS file, flash the BIOS to your X3 modchip bank 5, 6, 7 or 8 then format the hard drive with FATXplorer 3.0 Beta - use the Titan option to format the extended partition 6 - F drive.  Titan only supports one large extended partition for the remainder of the freespace available on the hard drive after the stock 8GBs used by the standard partitions 1-5 (E, C, X, Y and Z drives respectively).

16 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Does the OP's Xbox have a MakeMHz HD+ HDMI mod installed or not?

I don't have the HD+ mod.  Just the X3 and 3tb HD.  I flashed last night the M8+ Titan.  and then found that my entire F drive is no longer visible.  I guess I'll have to start all over with the partitions now, and re-upload all my games.  I will Re-partition with FatXplorer 3.0.  Do I need to do anything special, or do I just plug it in, and Format XL HDD?

12 hours ago, Trustin said:

I don't have the HD+ mod.  Just the X3 and 3tb HD.  I flashed last night the M8+ Titan.  and then found that my entire F drive is no longer visible.  I guess I'll have to start all over with the partitions now, and re-upload all my games.  I will Re-partition with FatXplorer 3.0.  Do I need to do anything special, or do I just plug it in, and Format XL HDD?

Right, Titan LBA48 support is not compatible with the older LBA48 BIOS support.  The extra space has to be formatted with FATXplorer 3.0 Beta.

To format the drive with FATXplorer 3.0 Beta, the hard drive has to be unlocked.  I believe there's an option for Titan or CerBIOS use; so, format the drive for the Titan, not CerBIOS.  

• Thanks 2