Recapped my power supply and installed a mod chip. Just trying to get some idea of where to go from here.

Hello all, I am new to xbox modding.  I am just trying to learn more about the software side of modding this console.  I have experience modding just about every other console and am now getting into the original xbox.  I've installed an openxenium mod chip, and have ordered a 2TB hdd, ide to sata converter, and 80 wire ribbon cable.  I'm just trying to get a feel for what the current methods people are using as a lot of information is outdated.  Thanks for reading this.

I am using XBMC4Gamers as my default dashboard. I don't install every game nor do I have any emulators installed (although I do have homebrew ports like Heretic, Hexen, Quake, and Quake II in there).

All running off a 2TB WD Caviar Blue 3.5" drive.

Also using an OpenXenium modchip, and my 1.1 motherboard has been upgraded with 128MB RAM.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jaekriel777
      Ok so first off let me say this - I am the dumbest person in the world ...so hopefully I covered that upfront
      I bought a modded XBOX off eBay YEARS ago...I just finally got it out of storage and hooked it up

It has Xenium on it - I don't remember if this is a hardware mod - but it might be 

Anyway - there are (or were) two dashboards to choose from

One is MS DASHBOARD A - which doesn't really have anything
      And then there was the X Dashboard (I cannot remember the correct  name) - that is wher everything was - to play a game from HDD or Disk, or from the laoded Emulators - everything...it basically was everything on the XBOX and the way I play games 

The XBOX came with a lot of games loaded on it, and I was trying to remove some of the games that were on it that I didn't want
      So under the two choses for Dashboard to go into is ADD a NEW Item and REMOVE an ITEM
      I was trying to remove games so I selected "REMOVE AN ITEM" and then selected the Xenium Dashboard - thinking that I would go INTO that area to remove the game...

But I removed THE WHOLE DASHBOARD 
      And I cannot figure out how to get it back..
      I tried going into ADD a NEW ITEM but I cannot find it - its all files on various Hard drive partitions ...

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

I feel like I just totally ruined and deleted my entire Xbox...and I am freaking out

Please please help me...I don't know what to do...

I'll be happy to chat or text with someone or email - if you think you can help me

Thanks in advance

Humbly...
      Jaek
      jaekrieldhx@gmail.com

• By Shadow07
      I've got a 1.4 mobo that I purchased that's supposed to be in working condition. I have a known good 1.4 PSU. Clock cap was removed when I got it and there is no trace corrosion whatsoever and I've checked for continuity and correct voltages in all the correct places. I've replaced all the CPU capacitors. The motherboard looks pristine, however there is no response whatsoever to pressing the power button. I've even tried different power button boards. The PIC is getting the correct voltages to the correct pins when I press the buttons. What is left to check or repair?
    • By Danthuyer
      G'day mates ! (typical aussie speak i swear)
      I've had a bit of a break from the OGX scene however I am back now and picking up the peices after I did what I wanted to with some old projects.
      Thanks to @SS_Daveive got a $20 bargain 1.4 board working again (afte I butchered an LPC build) however I want to extract an old bios file I wrote a couple of years ago on my Duo x3 chip.
      Whats the best tool to estract it and then edit it to see what is in it so I can modify it for this new box. As I have a strong feeling the file I wrote was for a slimeline I made with a DVD delete, however It has some colours and settings I changed that I want to use for this new OGXBox.
      Cheers - Dan

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.