Recapped my power supply and installed a mod chip. Just trying to get some idea of where to go from here.

Hello all, I am new to xbox modding.  I am just trying to learn more about the software side of modding this console.  I have experience modding just about every other console and am now getting into the original xbox.  I've installed an openxenium mod chip, and have ordered a 2TB hdd, ide to sata converter, and 80 wire ribbon cable.  I'm just trying to get a feel for what the current methods people are using as a lot of information is outdated.  Thanks for reading this.

I am using XBMC4Gamers as my default dashboard. I don't install every game nor do I have any emulators installed (although I do have homebrew ports like Heretic, Hexen, Quake, and Quake II in there).

All running off a 2TB WD Caviar Blue 3.5" drive.

Also using an OpenXenium modchip, and my 1.1 motherboard has been upgraded with 128MB RAM.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Emiougus
      My V1.1 Xbox is triple fragging, this happened after I tried swapping out the 40 Pin IDE cable for a 80Pin one. 

I've done a bit of debugging and found that the LPC header pins 3 and 5 aren't reporting correct voltages both reading below 1v
      What I think has happened is when I installed the 80 Pin IDE cable I without knowing freed up one of the solder joints on the switch that's on the XeniumICE which switches it into recovery mode(I have resoldered the broken joint and it didn't change anything and yes the switch is in the correct position, though I've tried both positions and still a frag) and somehow that's caused something to get fried but I'm not sure what exactly
      Uploaded some pictures of my LPC header soldering and D0 point for shits and giggles I have done continuity tests to the alternate points and they're all reading with continuity 
      https://imgur.com/a/rBbAdlR
    • By technoob
      Sorry for opening another topic so soon, with the other one un-replied, I just needed to know how to properly manage the upload of roms and emulators on a hard-modded Xbox with Slayers 2.7 as default dashboard.
      Basically, I got a lot of roms and some good new emulators (alongside the ones which were already installed with the dashboard). Where do I put each roms (they're a lot of stuff)? Do I need to make folders like "Nintendo 64", "Nes", etc.. asking you this because there's a "Roms" folder in "F:" drive but many of the files can have the same name (as they're usually in .zip format). Do I have to place the roms in specific folder of the emulator  or there's a specific setting to follow ? Should emulators be uploaded in "Emulators" or "Games" folders ?  thanks
    • By jaekriel777
      Ok so first off let me say this - I am the dumbest person in the world ...so hopefully I covered that upfront
      I bought a modded XBOX off eBay YEARS ago...I just finally got it out of storage and hooked it up

It has Xenium on it - I don't remember if this is a hardware mod - but it might be 

Anyway - there are (or were) two dashboards to choose from

One is MS DASHBOARD A - which doesn't really have anything
      And then there was the X Dashboard (I cannot remember the correct  name) - that is wher everything was - to play a game from HDD or Disk, or from the laoded Emulators - everything...it basically was everything on the XBOX and the way I play games 

The XBOX came with a lot of games loaded on it, and I was trying to remove some of the games that were on it that I didn't want
      So under the two choses for Dashboard to go into is ADD a NEW Item and REMOVE an ITEM
      I was trying to remove games so I selected "REMOVE AN ITEM" and then selected the Xenium Dashboard - thinking that I would go INTO that area to remove the game...

But I removed THE WHOLE DASHBOARD 
      And I cannot figure out how to get it back..
      I tried going into ADD a NEW ITEM but I cannot find it - its all files on various Hard drive partitions ...

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

I feel like I just totally ruined and deleted my entire Xbox...and I am freaking out

Please please help me...I don't know what to do...

I'll be happy to chat or text with someone or email - if you think you can help me

Thanks in advance

Humbly...
      Jaek
      jaekrieldhx@gmail.com

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.