OGXbox.com

Having Virtual Disc Loader ready to go at first boot...?

I have the two Virtual Drive Loader folders in their respective spots, C:\ and E:\Apps and I have Dashloader. However, it seems no matter what dashboard I'm loading to (XBMC4Gamers is what I tried initially) I must always launch the PBL App, or go into file manager and run Patcher.XBE... and then after it 'reboots' I can play my ISO games fine.

How do I configure my system to automatically boot with the XISO hooks/kernel ready to go from coldboot? I tried copying the contents of Virtual Drive Loader from Apps to something that is highest on the dashloader order like "E:/XBMC-Emustation" so that it will find the default.xbe of Virtual Drive Loader and boot from that first but the console just hangs if I do that.

So as of right now while I can play my XISOs off my HDD I must always first boot up, then run the XBE of Virtual Drive Loader or the PBL app.

Please help :( Running TSOP'd 1.4 with EvoXM8Plus

Thanks in advance!

I was able to solve this by using the older evoxdash.xbe_-_XISO_patcher.xbe instead of Virtual Drive Loader. Virtual Drive Loader does work with M8Plus but as you pointed out it will only patch (for XISO playback on startup) an Ind BIOS.

If you're using M8 and don't want to reflash use the older "CDROMmodchip" solution instead of Virtual Drive Loader. I'll ask Kaos Engineer to link where that is currently hosted but basically you rename your evoxdash.xbe to evox.xbe and then rename evoxdash.xbe_-_XISO_patcher.xbe to evoxdash.xbe so it boots up first. If you're using Dashloader than you would rename the evoxdash.xbe file that comes in that package to evox.xbe.

Note for anyone reading this in the future my console is a hard-modded (TSOP) 1.4 Revision.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TheSegaHolic
      If even the slightest bit of pressure is placed on the case directly above the disc drive as it’s running, there’s a metallic “vibrating” noise.
      I actually had to loosen the screws on the case to stop it doing it all the time after reassembling it. I thought perhaps I’d tightened the two halves of the shell together too much.
      Also, is the read/boot time “normal” between inserting a disc and the black Xbox splash screen showing?
      Video here:

• By TheSegaHolic
      Hi,
      I’m looking for some advice on where to begin with modding my Xbox. I’ve had a read around the forum and seen loads of threads with issues like games loading slow off the new HDD, slow boot ups, error messages like DVD not found, etc and it’s making the idea of modding the console somewhat daunting, no matter how many videos I watch.
      I’ve fully modded a Dreamcast but that’s very plug and play and has no software exploits, etc so this is a whole new level.
      My question is, if this Xbox was put down in front of you today, what would be your mod method of choice?
      I had looked at using the Rocky 5 softmod and then FTP’ing the extras disc across to use Chimp but the whole “4 second window” for the hot swap makes me nervous.
      Is that the way to go or is there a better way? I just want to put a larger Hard Drive in there to store rips of the discs I own, taking the strain off the DVD drive.
      Cheers. 
    • By xretrogamedevx
      I bought an OG xbox, softmodded it with Rocky5, upgraded the HDD to a 2TB Seagate Barricuda, have an 80 pin IDE adapter connected to it.
      I bought 10 games to start off with, to include Halo: CE (the original Halo) and Mechwarrior.
      I ripped all 10 games to my hard drive.
      I get horrible, unplayable lag when playing any game (Halo is the most noticeable).  Any time I fire the weapon everything lags.  I also notice that for every single game, the startup animations (The grey/white/black "Microsoft Game Studios" logo) also lags, so I don't think it's framerate dependent.  Here's a link to the logo animation that I am talking about.  The animation in this video is how it should look.  It's smooth.  On my screen (I can't upload a video, sorry), it stutters, lags, and is generally unsmooth.  This animation isn't smooth at all, but just showing what I'm talking about for reference.

Does this have something to do with HDMI?  I am running the output to an hdmi adapter that plays on the monitor.  I have tried multiple monitors and have the same problem.  The only thing I haven't tried is the component to TV route, because I do not have a TV.  I'm wondering if this was a waste of money.  Games are unplayable from the HDD, which I thought was supposed to even speed things up. 
      Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
      -R

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.