Sign in to follow this  
Wouter A

Hdmi Plug Aka X2hdmi

Since there is no clear tutorial on the web I will submit it! 

I have made a few plugs from wii2hdmi converters.

These converters are plenty and cheap, they do not upscale,  unless you buy more expensive wii2hdmi plugs with a hole on the top. 

To follow this tutorial you need a few items:

(aftermarket preferred)  av cable

Wii2hdmi converter

Thin wire

A few tools:

Soldering iron, preferred regulated station. 

Sharp knife

Cutting tools for metal (angle grinder is fast) 

Electrical wire stripper/cutter

A pocket knife or small screwdriver. 

I used a chinese av cable, the long and short soldering connections are opposite to original! 

Just follow the pictures and you will be on hdmi in no-time. 

Reminder,  the wii2hdmi boards are very sensitive to static electricity,  i have busted a few.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Cut of the connector. 

Cut in the sides to release easily. 

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

remove plug and open up.

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

cut the metal on the black line. Please login or register to see this attachment.

bend the pins open as far as possible,  this will sturdy up the connector. Please login or register to see this attachment.

remove the hot glue,  on original cables it is a piece of tape. Please login or register to see this attachment.

desolder the wires. 

place the mode selector connections,  use the shortes wire you can,  unshielded is o.k.Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. open up the wii2hdmi and snap off the connector. Please login or register to see this attachment. clean all the contactsPlease login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

make the first connection,  it will sturdy fings up,  the lid has the exact size you need. Please login or register to see this attachment. with 2 cables installed, you do not need the spacer anymore. 

add a piece of insulation tape at both sides. It is wise to test it at this stage,  later on it will be a pain in the a**.Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

measure and cut the hole for the metal,  it should slide in without to much hussle. Please login or register to see this attachment.

cut the top metal piece at the black line. Please login or register to see this attachment.

slide the metal piece in as far as possible.  This will hold the internals in place! Please login or register to see this attachment.

solder it at the top and the sides. Your plug will not fall apart if you remove it from the xbox this way. Please login or register to see this attachment.

insert the completed converter,  Please login or register to see this attachment.

push it through as far as possible and solder a wire to the top and bottom,  against the plastic,  this will keep the internals in place and removes stress on the converter. Please login or register to see this attachment.

time to test! Please login or register to see this attachment.

720x480@60i, the boot screen,  some tv units have problems displaying this throigh hdmi! Please login or register to see this attachment.

we have reached 1920x1080@60i, maximum resolution of xbmc,  although I advice to use 720.

If you miss the options for higher resolution,  make sure the system is set to NTSC,  in pal it is unavailable.  Use enigma video switcher. 

I will start to sell these adapters in a short while for €45,- due to the work it takes. 

I have given all the connection types another color and the pin numbers are not the official ones! 

Any questions?  Be free to ask.