OGXbox.com

X3 XLcd Troubleshooting

beamsbox

So, I've been at this LCD all day. Didn't work at all this morning. Cleaned contacts, added a bit of pressure to the tabs behind the screen. Now I have a magic lcd screen - when I move my hand close to the rear of the lcd, all pixels populate, crystal clear, but when I remove my hand, the bottom letters dwindle away...

See here: https://youtu.be/C_iVmE75Wog

Is there any hope? Any ideas?

Edited by beamsbox

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HDShadow
      I've had a v1.6 Xbox with a pro-fitted Xecuter 2.6CE since 2005 and its been pretty much perfect until recently.
      On two or three occasions its refused to boot either via the Power button or the Eject/Close button. I get a green/red flashing LED typically indicating a hardware error. Sometimes it does that once and then shutdown, others times it frags.
      However I found that if I shutdown, switch the chip off, boot to Error 5 (unlocked HDD) then switch off and reboot with the chip back on everything is back to normal.
      But yesterday I noticed something else weird: the chip has two 512K banks with the originally supplied custom EvoX BIOS on both. The only difference between them is Bank 1 has the EvoX logo and Bank 2 doesn't. I usually have it set to the EvoX logo one but now it has swapped to the non-logo version on boot. It doesn't seem to matter whether I switch banks or not.
      You might think a connection problem with the switch array ie. it is stuck on Bank 2 but, here's the weird thing: if I Reboot from my Unleash main dash or IGR the EvoX logo version BIOS appears to be used.
      Never heard/read about anything like this - any ideas what is going on? 
    • By HaloDo
      Hello All,
      I have what seems to be a fully working Xecuter 2.6CE in a Revsion 1.6. XBMC4GAMERS and games are working, but I can't seem to find anywhere in settings where it shows the bios version or that it even recognizes the Xecuter 2.6CE mod chip. If I hold the black or clear button on controller during boot, it just loads normal to XBMC4GAMERS. Same if I hold the power and eject button at same time on startup. I do NOT get a "Xecuter Rox My Box" logo on startup screen, but only "Microsoft". Is the "Rox My Box" only a X3 thing? I get a "Evo X" in top left corner of the same green xbox loading screen. Just curious if my bios could be a better version or if I should just leave it all as is since it is working.
      If I select Bank1 or Bank2 on the switch on front of unit, both load fine and work, but seem identical. Where do I find what bios version I have? Thank you!
    • By onilink67
      I acquired a few Xbox's cheap recently that were broken one of which was throwing an Error 5 on boot. This Xbox turned out to be modded but the solderless LPC header wasn't installed properly, I removed it and soldered a header directly to the board (and wired D0). Now I'm able to boot to the chip but it halts on startup.

https://imgur.com/a/GN13n82

I Attempted to load Xenium OS 2.1 recovery CD but the menu never comes on the main screen. It did early on but went black and never loaded again. I have tested this drive on my 1.6 Xbox and know that it is functional.

Also I installed my Aladdin XT modchip and the system will boot fine with that. Is there any way to recover this chip or is it dead?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.