OGXbox.com

Matt

MHall20

Hi all

Wonder if you can help. 

I have a soft modded xbox with stock 8gb hdd, I have another hdd that's preloaded with tons of games that I want to install but not sure how to go about it. I have all the cables necessary and I have chimp installed on the original hdd. Can I turn the preloaded hdd into the master without formatting it and losing everything? Any help greatly appreciated. 

If it was me I would hardmod it (Modchip,TSOP flash) then you can swap hard drive around as much as you like.

And if it's a version 1.0 -1.4 you are 1/2 way towards flashing the TSOP.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 hours ago, MHall20 said:

Hi all

Wonder if you can help. 

I have a soft modded xbox with stock 8gb hdd, I have another hdd that's preloaded with tons of games that I want to install but not sure how to go about it. I have all the cables necessary and I have chimp installed on the original hdd. Can I turn the preloaded hdd into the master without formatting it and losing everything? Any help greatly appreciated. 

When you say you have a hdd with a load of games on is it formatted with fatx for the Xbox or ntfs for a pc which you plan to transfer to the Xbox?

10 minutes ago, MHall20 said:

just needs to be locked to the motherboard if I understood correctly. 

I my view any thing you do to the drive comes with a risk of making it unusable.

I have seen that on facesook lucky the seller fixed it for them just cost post both ways.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If it's a1.0 -1.1 board you need to add one link on the top of the board and one on the bottom,

A version 1.2 -1.4 is two links on the top of the board.

If soldering is not your thing then conductive paint can be used.

A version 1.6 will require a modchip and a bit more work to fit..

Cheers

SS Dave

21 hours ago, MHall20 said:

Hi Dave

I'm not 100% sure, mightve been useful! I'll check in the morning.. 

If you want to stick with the softmod you just need to use xboxhdm and a copy of your eeprom/hdd key to lock your drive. Here's a video that show using xboxhdm to build a drive but you would just need to lock yours with your hdd key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_n8kEQfgdE&t=280s

You could always back up the game drive to your pc using fatxplorer before you try anything.