Sign in to follow this  
Stingerrray

Installed Open XEnium Modchip Questions.

Hi I recently installed and openxenium modchip chip. It is working flawlessly. I want to do two things with the Xbox. Number one I want it to play the library of Xbox games. Number to I want to make it an emulation box. Here are the problems I'm running into.

1) when I try to install Rocky 5 XBMC emu station via FTP it locks up with just a few kilobytes left during the transfer. I have tried to build my own version and use the pre-built version.

2) second thing is I want to replace the dash with a good dash and I'm looking for recommendations.

3) is there any software that will rebuild a hard drive to bone stock? Or a listing of what would reside on the hard drive in a bone stock as new Manor?

Thanks in Advance,

Rob

What size Hard drive and what are you using to FTP?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Haha 1

As far as FTP goes I tried several different programs filezilla WS FTP then one other. The hard drive I'm using is a SATA 250GB. I cloned the hard drive in the open xenium interface. When I go to FTP XBMC it will not upload the entire folder from the PC to the Xbox

Rob

Sound like the F and G partitions are not set try using Xbpartitioner to set the Drive space correctly .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Used Xboxpartitioner 1.3 and repartitioned the drive according to several videos on Youtube. Still cannot upload XBMC-Emustation without errors. The folder with the name ".emustation" (notice the period before emustation) Creates a separate folder named "xbmc-emustationemustation" instead of a .emustation folder inside of the original FTP'd folder. It does not maintain the folder structure from the folder I'm trying to upload.

We can solve this I know. Its kicking my but for a good week now.

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Making progress finally. The built in FTP for the Xenium OS likely has a problem with filenames. I used the unleashed dash and have been able to FTP the folder and maintain the file/folder structure.

Rob

That sound promising I am just down loading XBMC Emustation to give it a go.

Cheers

SS Dave