OGXbox.com

Happy To Be Here!

Hello, I'm new to retro Xbox collecting but in a short time I've already amassed a nice, little collection (40 games in roughly 2 weeks). The current prize of my collection is a pristine CIB copy of Arx Fatalis, which I got last week, off an ebay auction for $62. According to PriceCharting I overpaid just a bit, but I'm happy with it.

Along with Arx, I'm currently playing GUN and The Hobbit, which I think are both very solid games for the era. I'm a big Adventure & RPG fan, so those are the genre sets I hope to complete first. I also love Platformers, FPS' (even though I suck at them) and Sports games as well. 

I'm also running my Xbox on my Hitachi Flat Screen with the LEVELHIKE HDMI Adapter. Thanks to this adapter I've discovered that most of the backwards compatible games I own actually look and run better than their Xbox One digital counterparts.

Any and all advice on how to get the most out of my old Xbox is very much appreciated.

Again, it's great to be here!

Edited by Lucien

2 hours ago, Lucien said:

Hello, I'm new to retro Xbox collecting but in a short time I've already amassed a nice, little collection (40 games in roughly 2 weeks). The current prize of my collection is a pristine CIB copy of Arx Fatalis, which I got last week, off an ebay auction for $62. According to PriceCharting I overpaid just a bit, but I'm happy with it.

Along with Arx, I'm currently playing GUN and The Hobbit, which I think are both very solid games for the era. I'm a big Adventure & RPG fan, so those are the genre sets I hope to complete first. I also love Platformers, FPS' (even though I suck at them) and Sports games as well. 

I'm also running my Xbox on my Hitachi Flat Screen with the LEVELHIKE HDMI Adapter. Thanks to this adapter I've discovered that most of the backwards compatible games I own actually look and run better than their Xbox One digital counterparts.

Any and all advice on how to get the most out of my old Xbox is very much appreciated.

Again, it's great to be here!

Welcome!

Since you said you enjoy rpgs I thought I’d recommend Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. It’s an rpg I really enjoyed on the original Xbox.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FrostyMaGee said:

Welcome!

Since you said you enjoy rpgs I thought I’d recommend Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. It’s an rpg I really enjoyed on the original Xbox.

Just got a great deal on this. $15 with free shipping on eBay. After your reply I did a little more research on The Third Age. Initially I thought it was Strategy RPG, but to my happy surprise it's standard Turn Base. Don't get me wrong, I like SRPG's, but I have to be in the mood for them. Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion!

LOTR Third Age.png

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, Lucien said:

Just got a great deal on this. $15 with free shipping on eBay. After your reply I did a little more research on The Third Age. Initially I thought it was Strategy RPG, but to my happy surprise it's standard Turn Base. Don't get me wrong, I like SRPG's, but I have to be in the mood for them. Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion!

LOTR Third Age.png

You probably already know these but I’ll mention them anyway. Lol. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 were great games as well. There’s also Brute Force, the Prince of Persia trilogy, and Red Dead Revolver (though GUN is probably the better of the two). These aren’t all rpg types but just a list of some fun games. Figured I wouldn’t throw a ton out there all at once. Lol

• Like 1

No worries, man. This is actually not my first time to own an Xbox. Back in 2009 I picked up a used one for $50 just to play both KOTORS. Since then I've played through the first one roughly 10 times, and The Sith Lords a few times. They're still 2 of my personal GOATS. Also, played through most of Jade Empire, but couldn't get past the Etheral Realm part late in the game. I'd love to give it another go one of these days.

I've heard good things about Brute Force and it is on my list, as is Red Dead Revolver.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucien said:

No worries, man. This is actually not my first time to own an Xbox. Back in 2009 I picked up a used one for $50 just to play both KOTORS. Since then I've played through the first one roughly 10 times, and The Sith Lords a few times. They're still 2 of my personal GOATS. Also, played through most of Jade Empire, but couldn't get past the Etheral Realm part late in the game. I'd love to give it another go one of these days.

I've heard good things about Brute Force and it is on my list, as is Red Dead Revolver.

Nice! Yeah the KotOR games really were great. I liked Republic Commando too though it was a shooter type and there’s always Star Wars Battlefront. Beyond Good and Evil,Full Spectrum Warrior, Crimson Skies, and the Evil Dead games were also fun. For sports games I’d say two of my favorites were ncaa football (especially dynasty mode) and Rugby 2006. 

• Like 1

Third Age arrived today, and I'm about an hour in. Man, this game so polished. So far, I haven't found any negatives. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the world map is great and the combat is great. This is really is a true hidden gem. Thanks again for the recommendation!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 9:04 PM, Lucien said:

Third Age arrived today, and I'm about an hour in. Man, this game so polished. So far, I haven't found any negatives. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the world map is great and the combat is great. This is really is a true hidden gem. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Awesome and problem dude! Glad you’re enjoying it. That game was always one I really enjoyed but I was always surprised that more people didn’t know about it. Especially given that it was a LoTR title game. 

• Like 1