OGXbox.com

Wanted: Console with 128mb ram & MakeMhzHDMI mod

JackedLynx

3 hours ago, JackedLynx said:

Lost all my consoles when my basement flooded, anyone have a console with 128mb ram & a makemhz hdmi kit installed they are willing to part ways with?

Thanks!

... That's pretty lackadaisical considering what it is you just said. Dude I am so SORRY. That would be a point of mourning in my life for fucking decades.

I have one in a Halo edition. Not sure I am willing to sell since I'm a bit attached to it, but who knows, I'll think on it.

What all was lost?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

... That's pretty lackadaisical considering what it is you just said. Dude I am so SORRY. That would be a point of mourning in my life for fucking decades.

I have one in a Halo edition. Not sure I am willing to sell since I'm a bit attached to it, but who knows, I'll think on it.

What all was lost?

It's all good. I'm past being upset about it, even though my insurance gave me a good slap across the face for even thinking they would give me even $0.01.

I lost all of my original xboxes, my PS2, 3 360's, an xbox one x, 4 computers, my whole stock of xbox parts except heatsinks and screws, home audio speakers, a vintage stereo receiver i was working on, vintage portable shortwave radios, some sentimental things like photos and video tapes of me as a kid just to name a few things. Practically everything i own was in the basement.

I'm big into electronics repair and this really took me out of the game.

15 minutes ago, JackedLynx said:

It's all good. I'm past being upset about it, even though my insurance gave me a good slap across the face for even thinking they would give me even $0.01.

I lost all of my original xboxes, my PS2, 3 360's, an xbox one x, 4 computers, my whole stock of xbox parts except heatsinks and screws, home audio speakers, a vintage stereo receiver i was working on, vintage portable shortwave radios, some sentimental things like photos and video tapes of me as a kid just to name a few things. Practically everything i own was in the basement.

I'm big into electronics repair and this really took me out of the game.

I cannot possibly express the condolences that would be appropriate for the level of loss here. If something like that happened to me I would slit my wrists. I mean... are you sure EVERYTHING is toast? Could some of it not be disassembled, cleaned, ultrasonically cleaned, and saved? As long as power was not going through these things it's possible that water didn't destroy all of it once dried. Why was all this in the basement and why did it flood so catastrophically?

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I cannot possibly express the condolences that would be appropriate for the level of loss here. If something like that happened to me I would slit my wrists. I mean... are you sure EVERYTHING is toast? Could some of it not be disassembled, cleaned, ultrasonically cleaned, and saved? As long as power was not going through these things it's possible that water didn't destroy all of it once dried. Why was all this in the basement and why did it flood so catastrophically?

I've had some bad experiences with water, i've attempted to repair water damaged electronics (salt spreader speed controllers for trucks, among other things) before that weren't plugged in or anything when it got wet and the minerals from the water just don't come off boards no matter what i try, just ends up going bang.

Anything i've cleaned dried & tested so far hasn't worked unfortunately. some of it i'm keeping around so i can have another look, like my shortwave radios which are very sentimental.

I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner, but i'm not sure if it would have been worth the cost, judging by the size of them i'd be somewhat limited maybe as to what i could put in one.

This all was caused by a week or 2's worth of non-stop rain in my area & a creek i'm pretty close to flooding as well. The sump pump never kicked on because of a bent rod that attaches to the float and this must have happened overnight, as i woke up and part of my morning routine is going downstairs to have coffee at my computer and there's water.

I kept my stuff down here because i'm living in this house temporarily until i get married soon & get a house of my own, there's really not a lot of space for me here but i did what i had to do, and i honestly never pictured this happening somehow. I definitely learned now.

20 hours ago, JackedLynx said:

sentimental things like photos and video tapes of me as a kid just to name a few things.

That part really sucks. I've recently been cataloging and digitally archiving all my old family photos (going back to the 60's). There's thousands. And digitizing VHS tapes. I couldn't imagine losing all that stuff. Sorry for your loss of this stuff.

I'm sure there's other folks, but the 1st name that pops into my head for getting a new HDMI-kitted Xbox would be @ModzvilleUSA (https://twitter.com/modzvilleusa)

Just FYI, there's about to be two new options for internal/digital HDMI mods. OXHD (by Ryzee and Harcroft) and an HDMI project being worked on by Nemesis. Both are close to being done. Point being- if you wait a bit you'll have more options beyond MakeMHZ to choose from.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

That part really sucks. I've recently been cataloging and digitally archiving all my old family photos (going back to the 60's). There's thousands. And digitizing VHS tapes. I couldn't imagine losing all that stuff. Sorry for your loss of this stuff.

I'm sure there's other folks, but the 1st name that pops into my head for getting a new HDMI-kitted Xbox would be @ModzvilleUSA (https://twitter.com/modzvilleusa)

Just FYI, there's about to be two new options for internal/digital HDMI mods. OXHD (by Ryzee and Harcroft) and an HDMI project being worked on by Nemesis. Both are close to being done. Point being- if you wait a bit you'll have more options beyond MakeMHZ to choose from.

I managed to digitize some of those tapes before this happened, the ones i digitized were shot on VHS-C, the rest Hi8 which i don't have a camera for. I'm actually not quite sure where the tapes ended up, hopefully they didn't get thrown out.

I was unaware actually that those guys were all working on HDMI mods, that's super interesting. Harcroft is a good guy, him and i did some work upscaling old XBL ads together lol. I think i'll wait on it and see what happens. The HDMI space could definitely use some competition. Thanks for the info!

PS. i love @ModzvilleUSA's videos. been watching him for a while.

12 hours ago, JackedLynx said:

the ones i digitized were shot on VHS-C, the rest Hi8 which i don't have a camera for. I'm actually not quite sure where the tapes ended up, hopefully they didn't get thrown out.

Yeah hopefully they weren't thrown out. The tape is probably wound tightly enough around the spools to not let water get in. Outside layer might be exposed to water but inner could be fine. Even if the plastic shell is hosed, the tape spools could be transplanted into a donor shell. Several of my tapes had mold on them and I took them apart and sprayed alcohol on them to clean the outer layers and edges. But inside was mostly fine. I also have a stack of hi-8 tapes, but decent camcorders are expensive so been holding off on those. Hopefully you can find and salvage them.

OXHD is coming along pretty well from what I can see. They have working boards. Here's a shot of one: https://x.com/OGX_Harcroft/status/1772763477519573003

I actually have an unpopulated OXHD board that I still need to build. My XboxHD+ works just fine, but I'd rather not be locked to Stellar or have to jump through hoops to make it work standalone. When my Stellar wasn't working for some reason, it was a very odd feeling not being able to use my Xbox because I couldn't get a video signal. XboxHD+ works well aside from that requirement and I don't mean to speak badly about it, it's just not a product that suits my particular needs.

Edited by GoTeamScotch
  • Like 2