OGXbox.com

Looking for communicator.

lopenator

1 minute ago, jjjwelch said:

It'd be great if we could come up with some kind of diy solution, like using usb headsets. My software skills are not there yet or I'd try something like that. 

I think the communicator is in dire need of a reverse engineering and a remake. It's a simple board I don't think it would be too difficult. I mean the development we've seen for OG Xbox is mind blowing. I have lots of faith that it could be done. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to do it.

18 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

I probably have some in my parts bin. I'll check for you. 

Thanks for the effort! 

3 hours ago, lopenator said:

I think the communicator is in dire need of a reverse engineering and a remake. It's a simple board I don't think it would be too difficult. I mean the development we've seen for OG Xbox is mind blowing. I have lots of faith that it could be done. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to do it.

Thanks for the effort! 

Definitely seems doable. I wonder if something similar could be done like what was done to get the ps2 eye toys working on the Xbox 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:34 PM, lopenator said:

Thanks for the effort! 

I only found one, but I’m almost certain I had some more of these things around here somewhere. I’ll keep looking. Im amazed nobody else has any extras being that LIVE was out of service forever.