OGXbox.com

Using your own game images in XBMC4gamers

flintboy22

Hi guys

I'm running XBMC4Gamers which is great btw but I wanted to know if you could use my own game images where needed.

Basically I've got a game backup "Big Ass Emulator Disc" that shows up as Crimson Skies in the games list. I wanted to correct this image.

I've searched the artwork downloader for the correct image I want but with no joy.

I was going to make my own and add it myself if I could.

Am I able to do this easily ? 

Do I just save the new image in the relevant folder on the HDD via an ftp client once created.

If so, Is there a particular file format to use when creating them and is there also a min/max image pixel size that I would have to be aware of.

That is unless someone can point me in the right direction of the correct image already available.

Thank you 

I take advantage of the _resources folders, and its handy. 

On the main dash, press Dpad Up, scroll down to View Options, Dpad Right and make it say Resources Enabled. This takes priority over generic folder thumbnails, as they are higher quality.

When scrolling through games, emulators, etc, the image being displayed is Poster.jpg. When you press Y to view synopsis info, 2 new images are used, synopsis.jpg and alt_synopsis.jpg. Fanart is the image that's behind the synopsis info, usually blurred.

When you're done installed, run the built in Thumbnail Cleaner script and choose the bottom option to delete the old ones. If you installed them correctly, the new ones should appear.