OGXbox.com

Xbox frags after Xblast OS reboot

ea2000

Hi.

I was just finishing a successful repair to a 1.0 with a bad psu. Replaced psu, replaced clock cap, flashed Aladdin with Cerbios, updated hdd. Everything was working fine, dashboards, games, etc. Closed up the case and as a final thought decided to increase fan speed using Xblast OS. 

Loaded Xblast, set fan speed, hit reboot and... Frag with Christmas lights!

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, ea2000 said:

Hi.

I was just finishing a successful repair to a 1.0 with a bad psu. Replaced psu, replaced clock cap, flashed Aladdin with Cerbios, updated hdd. Everything was working fine, dashboards, games, etc. Closed up the case and as a final thought decided to increase fan speed using Xblast OS. 

Loaded Xblast, set fan speed, hit reboot and... Frag with Christmas lights!

Any ideas?

Do you have a larger SATA hard drive installed with a cheap IDE-to-SATA adapter?

Most of the cheap IDE-to-SATA adapters are slow starting after a reset and the Xbox will FRAG.

If you power cycle the console, does it boot properly?

What do you mean by Christmas lights: Red/Green or Red/Green/Yellow flashing?

Posted (edited)

I'm using the Startech ide to sata adapter, the good one, with an 80 pin 24 inch cable and a 1TB sata drive (locked), formatted with fatxplorer for Cerbios with C, E & F partitions. Cerbios is set to udma 5 and was booting fine before.

The Christmas lights is just another name for the 3 restarts with flashing red/green.

The same happens after a complete power off. Holding the power button on startup also frags.

Edited by ea2000

Well, I left the console in a corner to think about why it was misbehaving. Later on I tried it and it booted just fine. Nothing changed and I did not even open it. I swear these things are messing with me... Oh well, I have another one with a REAL problem this time, but I'll open a new post.

• Haha 1