OGXbox.com

For parts 1.0/1.1 PSU

lopenator

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 12:37 PM, lopenator said:

If anyone has a non-working PSU they want to sell, Ill buy.

I have a 1.0 PSU that has a component blown on the underside, I'm personally not brave enough to attempt to repair, here is my thread about it on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/consolerepair/comments/16nc2xi/pop_and_smoke_on_10_xbox_psu_any_chance_to_repair/

If you live in the continental US would definitely be willing to ship it out.

23 minutes ago, Tron08 said:

I have a 1.0 PSU that has a component blown on the underside, I'm personally not brave enough to attempt to repair, here is my thread about it on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/consolerepair/comments/16nc2xi/pop_and_smoke_on_10_xbox_psu_any_chance_to_repair/

If you live in the continental US would definitely be willing to ship it out.

hey yes I'm in us. Can you send a photo of the top? tnx

24 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I may have one for you. Shall I take a photo?

Might as well. I can say this from having looked around to try and find one for @lopenator  The deltas don’t seem to have the correct replacement part. Additionally it doesn’t look like all the foxlinks do either. The foxlink rev B might but I’m not sure. The type Lopenator has is a foxlink FTPS-0001 Rev C just in case anyone has that specific model psu. 

14 minutes ago, FrostyMaGee said:

Might as well. I can say this from having looked around to try and find one for @lopenator  The deltas don’t seem to have the correct replacement part. Additionally it doesn’t look like all the foxlinks do either. The foxlink rev B might but I’m not sure. The type Lopenator has is a foxlink FTPS-0001 Rev C just in case anyone has that specific model psu. 

It's a Rev. B.

19 minutes ago, lopenator said:

IMG20231204122846.jpg

I have a working one with that revision that I'm not using.  I'm in Canada though so not sure what it would cost to ship to you.  You can have it if you'd be willing to pay shipping on it though.  If you want to PM me your address I can see if I can get an estimate.

20231204_135000.jpg

Edited by Fringle

Just now, Fringle said:

I have a working one with that revision that I'm not using.  I'm in Canada though so not sure what it would cost to ship to you.  You can have it if you'd be willing to pay shipping on it though.  If you want to PM me your address I can see if I can get an estimate.

I believe he is trying to rescue the one he has in order to preserve the ones that are already working. He's fighting the good fight. :) 

13 minutes ago, lopenator said:

if I knew a little bit more about choke inductors I would ask you to take some measurements on yours so I can find a suitable replacement.

That still might help narrow down some replacement parts. Size wise anyway. I don’t recall a ton about them but I think it’s a toroidal transformer. I could be mistaken though. Unsure of the ring configuration other than it’s ferrite/iron coated and wire wrapped obviously. 

Edited by FrostyMaGee

6 minutes ago, lopenator said:

🤷‍♂️

I gone back and forth between toroidal transformers and choke inductors. it looks like it could be either or. 

I we could figure out the transformers power rating that would help too. Also if we knew the operating frequency. 

Did I imagine this or aren’t a lot of these inductors custom made to manufacturer’s specs?