OGXbox.com

iso to xiso

lopenator

I like using dd to convert from iso to xiso. It’s basically just a command line argument and once it’s done it’s converted. Have you tried that before?

Oh and I just used the C-Xbox tool for unpacking and repacking if I needed to after it was already an xiso. There may be a better way but those two worked well for me in the past. 

Edited by FrostyMaGee

1 hour ago, FrostyMaGee said:

I like using dd to convert from iso to xiso. It’s basically just a command line argument and once it’s done it’s converted. Have you tried that before?

Oh and I just used the C-Xbox tool for unpacking and repacking if I needed to after it was already an xiso. There may be a better way but those two worked well for me in the past. 

I haven't tried that yet 

26 minutes ago, lopenator said:

I haven't tried that yet 

If you’re interested here’s a link for the dd utility 

http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/320aa26606746a0d65a73087cadb45a3/dd-0.5.zip

If I remember right the command line is this:

dd if=yourIsoNameHere.iso of=YourNewXisoName.iso skip=387 bs=1M

It takes a little time but once it kicks back results you should be good. I don’t remember any taking more than 5 mins or so. 

there are some links for the C-Xbox tool here should you need it to unpack or repack. 

Hope it’s as helpful to you as I found them a while back. I want to say I just wrote up a little bat file or Perl script for dd to process multiple ISOs. I had it doing some other stuff after each as well (dirs, moving files, etc). As for C-Xbox I used the gui and just batched all of it there. There may have been a command line version of it though. I can’t recall. 

Edit: Quick note. C-Xbox tool will complain if you try and open a straight iso. Once you do the conversion to xiso it’s cool. 

Edited by FrostyMaGee
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FrostyMaGee said:

If you’re interested here’s a link for the dd utility 

http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/320aa26606746a0d65a73087cadb45a3/dd-0.5.zip

If I remember right the command line is this:

dd if=yourIsoNameHere.iso of=YourNewXisoName.iso skip=387 bs=1M

It takes a little time but once it kicks back results you should be good. I don’t remember any taking more than 5 mins or so. 

there are some links for the C-Xbox tool here should you need it to unpack or repack. 

Hope it’s as helpful to you as I found them a while back. I want to say I just wrote up a little bat file or Perl script for dd to process multiple ISOs. I had it doing some other stuff after each as well (dirs, moving files, etc). As for C-Xbox I used the gui and just batched all of it there. There may have been a command line version of it though. I can’t recall. 

Edit: Quick note. C-Xbox tool will complain if you try and open a straight iso. Once you do the conversion to xiso it’s cool. 

big help. thanks dude I'll try it

• Like 1