Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
PV544

Aladin Xt 4032 Modchip

I just installed an aladin xt 4032 modchip on an 1.6 xbox.  Everything works and went well.  But I noticed after I turned off my xbox the red led on the modchip still stays on.  Is this normal?

ive heard this is normal but you can disable it by soldering 2 points on the chip itself. not 100% sure

Yes, for a v1.6 Xbox it will stay lit as the power line connected to the LPC header pin 6 is an always-on voltage source unlike the switched supply found on v1.0-1.5 consoles. 

Installation instructions should have mentioned removing pins 4 and 6 from the 2x6 header before installing it in the LPC Debug port.

If you really want it to go off, remove pin 6 from the header and supply power from an alternate 5Vdc switch power source on the motherboard.

For more info, see: Please login or register to see this link.  

Not sure why he needs the flash drive mentioned at 6m04s. Probably for use with the older version of Hexen Shambles Edition instead use Please login or register to see this link. found in the downloads section here at ogXbox.com.

Update: Yes, that was the reason, the BIOS file for v1.6 Xbox was older on the Hexen Shambles Edition disc than he wanted to use. Therefore, he downloaded additional software and copied it to the Xbox's HDD.  The updated BIOS is already present on Hexen 2017 so those steps are not necessary.

Edited by KaosEngineer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Joe w
      are the aladin chip on ebay legit?
    • By Frank D'Agostino
      Came across a beautiful selection of wiring diagrams for a bunch of commonly found mod chips. These images are in high-quality HD very easy to read can be downloaded and zoomed in to read perfectly. I am not the Creator of these pictures. The Creator is YouTube channel techno on top. This person normally does Xbox mods on YouTube. There's a video where he shows each of these pictures for 1 minute. I merely took a screenshot of each. Thought it would help out the community here. In any event I hope somebody could use these images. Please pass them around and enjoy
      Wiring Diagram More common Hardmod Chips.7z
    • By Frank D'Agostino
      Hello hi I'm looking to buy a 4 by 20 executor 3 LCD screen just the screen and bezel only. I have the chip already installed in my main go to Xbox and is running excellent. I'm just looking for a working screen that is known working .. with the connection that will connect directly into the chip without soldering. I am well aware that the screens are a little difficult to get your hards on... but I did find some on eBay they just did not have the specific end that plugs into the mod chip. If all else fails I will have to buy one of these and solder them directly to the chip. But by doing that I am seriously lowering the value of the chip in the future. I would like to purchase or trade for this X3 lcd screen with bezel and connection to the original X3 chip..
      If you have an extra screen and you would like it to go to a good home I'm your guy. I live in Canada I am PayPal ready and I also have a lot of cool stuff for trade Xbox related..
      Please contact me through this site. and we can discuss where we are going from here..

Thank you very much for reading this I hope somebody has this part for me.

Attached is a picture of the Xbox I would love to add the screen to..
      Thanks again
      Frank

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.