OGXbox.com

Hi all! Old timer with a bunch of consoles...

griff2bad

HI people :)

old timer here, with 3 og xboxes. Also have a series x, ps5, xbox 360 slim e and a ps3. 

regarding my original xboxes, i have an:

• OG1 (unknown mod picked it up at yard sale) with working dvd and 230 GB hdd. 
  • OG2 xbox with motherboard flash apparently or something? and
  • another OG3 Xbox stock with a dead dvd drive.

Ive long been into the modding scene, but never shown my face kinda thing. love og xbox and the memories i have with it. :) 

Im wondering if someone can direct me to where id get help with my army of xboxes. 

1. how do i figure out if the xbox is softmodded or modchipped without taking it apart?
  2. whats a motherboard flash? ive never heard of it but the guy i bought it off says its not softmod and its not modchip
  3. if u have 2 working modded xboxes with working dvds and a unmodded stock with a broken dvd, what would be the best way to also mod that?

Im a big fan of Mr Mario and constantly look at his videos.

Thanks all!

have a great sunday/monday!

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 1:27 AM, griff2bad said:

how do i figure out if the xbox is softmodded or modchipped without taking it apart?

You might be able to look into the left side vents and see if a modchip is installed there. Otherwise taking it apart is your only option. Don't let that deter you, they are very simple to take apart.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:27 AM, griff2bad said:

whats a motherboard flash? ive never heard of it but the guy i bought it off says its not softmod and its not modchip

It's called a TSOP flash. It's where the onboard BIOS chip has been re flashed with a modded BIOS.

That's all I can help with, I've never replaced a DVD drive in an xbox.

• 2 weeks later...

I will take what Jailer is saying regarding definitions and what to look for. As when i hear things like "flash", i am thinking EPROM. Gonna start reading up on the definitions, but TBH i have heard the xbox was originally just a dell laptop they MS modded to run game on. Any truth to this? Sorry if i am side tracking, just a kid in a candy shop right now. Swooming... Don't mind me ^^;;