OGXbox.com

Logitech X3B18 Receiver Repair

jbelvin

I have a Logitech X3B18 receiver that has had the usb cable removed (not by me, I just got it like that).  If anyone has an intact receiver, could someone tell me the order that the wires go into the board, oriented with the J1 label facing front and on the right as pictured?

logitech-dongle.thumb.jpg.421fe97e4becd22191df411709817fec.jpg

While I do appreciate the general info, I read in my research last night that even official microsoft controllers have different wiring patterns for even the same model controllers.  from what I gathered, the smaller microsoft wired controllers can have the shield adjacent to the black on some models and on the far side from it on others.  but, if anyone could take the time to pop the 3 screws out, remove the cover, and snap a pic of the wires attached to the board, that would be fantastical.  I just don't want to wire it up wrong and kill what could have been a working receiver and I've been unable to find any solid info on this particular model.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 7:46 AM, bolofski said:

the standard usb colours usually go earth, black, yellow, green, white, red.  you should be able to tell which side earth is from following traces, thats assuming the adapter follows the standard line of course

@bolofski - looks like they did follow the standard.  a user on reddit hooked me up with this pic of his board.  I got mine rewired and it's showing up as a controller in xbmc-emustation's system info page and the memory card reader is functioning.  I just purchased a controller from ebay and I suspect it should sync up.  thanks again for your reply!

logitech board 2.jpeg

• Like 1