Streets of Rage Remake (also known as Bare Knuckle Remake) is a mind-blowing SOR fangame, released by Bombergames in 2011 on the Microsoft Windows platform. It is ultimately designed as a remake of the original Mega Drive trilogy, though in some ways it can be seen as a true sequel to SOR3.
It is considered by the SOR fan community as a whole to be the definitive SOR fangame, with some going as far as calling it the SOR4 that Sega never made. Truly, it has to be played to be believed - it really is that good. In my personal opinion, Streets of Rage Remake v5 (the final version of the game) has been produced to such a high standard I would expect no less from Sega themselves. Kudos to the development team for that exceptional achievement!
The game is programmed from scratch in Fenix programming language (which was developed specifically for 2D games development). It does not use reverse engineering nor a single line of code from the original games. It's all based on visual interpretation, and also sports a whole host of special features and upgrades which bring the SOR gameplay experience into the 21st century, without compromising the classic 'feel' of the originals. The game has 18 playable characters, including a fully recreated Adam in SOR2/3 style, new characters 'Rudra' and 'Elle' (Electra) and a host of awesome new music remixes! Mr. X and the Syndicate are back (again!), more powerful than ever! It's time to once again walk the Streets of Rage!
Some of its functions:
* Animation timing, animation positioning, control response, X/Y/Z positions and physical movement for all characters are accurate to the original games.
* 64 modules of AI per enemy to represent walking and reactions.
* Collisions and damages based on the original games.
* The same score system algorythm that is used in SOR2.
* Grabs and vaults as in the original games.
* Autosave savestates that allow you to continue the game from the same point, exit windows, alt+x, etc.
* Prediction of resources, to speed loading times.
* All functions of all the original games in the series are emulated:
- Over 30 configurable options in the menu
- Star and Special Meter sytems
- 6-button controller actions
- Different types of weapons, and Special Weapon attacks
- Police specials
- And much more
SUMMARY OF THE CONTENTS OF THE GAME
You can see the promotional poster for the game here.
- 93 stages in story mode
- 5 stages in extra modes
- 5 stages in the Prototype mod (separate download)
19 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
- SOR1 characters remastered with new moves
- SOR2 characters with new moves
- SOR3 characters with new moves
- New playable characters
- All enemies from SOR1 remastered.
- All enemies SOR2 (RGB color correction).
- All enemies SOR3 (RGB color correction).
- New enemies based on the Game Gear versions and even the cover the game!
- 76 in V5.
- 7 in the Prototype mod.
- Profile Editor
- Color Editor
- Name Editor
- Cutscene Viewer
- Profile Viewer (and commands)
- Image Gallery
- 16 cheats
- Battle Mode
- Survival Mode
- Boss Rush mode
- Events Mode (16 events)
- Volleyball Mode
- Allied cpu mode
- And more than 30 customizable options
Download Link | Password: ogxbox.com
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48