OGXbox.com

Using an Ssd In XBox

Falcon639

Hi Guys

So I've been using a WD Green 240GB SSD in my xbox for the last couple of months. I haven't run into any issues yet. I do get a very slight boost in load time but the 80 wire IDE cable maxes out at 133mb/s anyway so there is obvious limitations. I originally decided to put this drive in my Xbox because it was cheap and I felt like it would last longer as it would have no moving parts.

The drive I chose is DRam-less, as the Xbox will never be able to take full advantage it anyway. The drive funny enough is lockable.

Wanted to get your guys opinion on this, what do guys think?

I live in South Africa and we never got the Xbox when it came out. The first Xbox we got was the 360.

Once I finally got one, modding it has been so much fun, only downside is most of the parts I've needed, I had to import.

I happy to have found place like this where I can discuss ideas, and find help with issue I might have, as there is no one in my country who really knows what I am talking about.

• Like 1