OGXbox.com

Duox modchip on v1.4 xbox - got a few issues plus how do I flash?

gazza1988

Hello, 

I have had  a1.4 xbox with a duox modchip (v1) and I'm a little confused about how I can flash it. I bought this xbox pre chipped 15+ years ago and I've never touched anything past keeping exox dashboard updated. I took it out of storage after a good few years, I would guess I've not used it bar the odd nostalgic game session (It's part of a setup in my living room with an OG xbox a 360 and a series x on shelves) in around 10 years so I have no idea what the latest best things are.

Also the xbox came with an 80GB hard drive installed. 

I have purchased a xbox-HDMI adapter (powered by usb) because my TV has 3 hdmi ports and that's it. literally nothing else. This works.

I have an issue with my dvd drive in that the band need replacing, can't get more for a another 2 weeks. In the meantime is it possible to flash the chip without a disc? some places seem to say I must have a dvd and others allude to not needing a disk. 

I've been researching this for hours and just decided to ask on here. it works ok but I didn't flash the bios so I have never done it before. I was looking at increasing the capacity further but may need a bios flash. in avox settings the BIOS is unknown.

So in short, what is the "goto" Bios and dashboard nowadays? Is it possible to do without a DVD drive? Could I do it by stripping the xbox DVD drive putting a disk in and reassemble? If I desperately need to? Bit drastic but I can't do anything for a few weeks.

A bit of a bonus question. I had a game of FIFA 2003 last night and it played strange. Like it was sped up. Best description is like an emulator running at 1.5-2x speed. Some games don't boot. I don't know where to start with testing it. If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it. 

EDIT: So I've backed up using evox. FTPd it to my PC. I noticed a bios folder. It has 3 files "EvolutionX M7 Bios.nfo" "EvoxM7_ef.bin" and "EvoxM7.bin" I can guess which previous version was. Can I just replace them and flash latest bios from evox launcher then? 

20240220_101136.jpg

Edited by gazza1988
extra info I found after posting.

If it still boots, then you can use xblast and ftp to flash it. FTP into the box, drop the xblast .XBE in your apps folder, put the latest cerbios in c:\BIOS, reboot the xbox, load xblast, flash new bios. Or you can use the netflash option in xblast as well. This would save you from having to put a bios file on the Xbox HDD.

12 hours ago, brooselee said:

If it still boots, then you can use xblast and ftp to flash it. FTP into the box, drop the xblast .XBE in your apps folder, put the latest cerbios in c:\BIOS, reboot the xbox, load xblast, flash new bios. Or you can use the netflash option in xblast as well. This would save you from having to put a bios file on the Xbox HDD.

Thanks. I couldn't get xblast to load. However I did manage to flash cerbios using evox, even used cerbiostools and made sure UDMA2 was selected. Had a major panic that I'd broken it. luckily safe mode kicked in and I flashed the m7 bios. 

Had a look into it and I transferred the UDMA6 file.... I have a 80gb ide drive on a 40-pin connector. Transferred the correct bios and it flashed and worked. 

So happy days. 

XBMC4GAMERS - I have downloaded it and ran it as an app. If I decided to change it to XBMC4GAMERS from my apps what would I need to do? 

25 minutes ago, gazza1988 said:

Just to reiterate I have a clock capacitor that isn't gold. Is it true I can just remove it and don't have to put anything in its place? 

20240220_101218.jpg

You can. With Cerbios and the dash set to update time and date through internet it should sync every time. Without a connection it will lose the date and time at every power-off. Only 1.6 versions cannot function without a clock cap.