OGXbox.com

Is this possible

Elmex

Hi there.
Situation

• i have a softmodded xbox (with nulled eeprom)
  • i have a hardmodded Xbox 

Goal:
I want to use another (much larger) hard disk into the softmodded box and i DO NOT want to use Chimp.

Could i put the new Hard Disk into the hardmodded box and configure it with Hexen Boot disk (or any other Bootdisk for that matter) and THEN use Config Magic to Load the eeprom file from the softmodded box and lock the Hard Drive with it?

Then i would put the locked Harddrive into the softmodded Box and.. would it boot?? (softmodded or not does not matter as i could softmod the box afterwards)

Would the hardmodded Box boot with its 'old' non locked box?
(DOES Configmagic only lock the Hard drive with the eeprom bin or does ist affect the box' bios in any way)

Would the softmodded box boot with the newly created locked box?

Thank you very much for helping me out.

Elmar

3 hours ago, Elmex said:

Hi there.
Situation

• i have a softmodded xbox (with nulled eeprom)
  • i have a hardmodded Xbox 

Goal:
I want to use another (much larger) hard disk into the softmodded box and i DO NOT want to use Chimp.

Could i put the new Hard Disk into the hardmodded box and configure it with Hexen Boot disk (or any other Bootdisk for that matter) and THEN use Config Magic to Load the eeprom file from the softmodded box and lock the Hard Drive with it?

Then i would put the locked Harddrive into the softmodded Box and.. would it boot?? (softmodded or not does not matter as i could softmod the box afterwards)

Would the hardmodded Box boot with its 'old' non locked box?
(DOES Configmagic only lock the Hard drive with the eeprom bin or does ist affect the box' bios in any way)

Would the softmodded box boot with the newly created locked box?

Thank you very much for helping me out.

Elmar

If you put all the required files for a soft modded drive on the new HDD

I suggest you have a look at this tutorial as you can build a hard drive that you can drop in you Xbox on your PC and aslong as you have a copy of the eeprom on your PC then this program can lock the hard drive as well

https://www.hazeno.com/og-xbox-hdd-upgrade

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.