Sign in to follow this  
LeonMcFly

Trouble With Arcade Stick

I recently received an original modded Xbox. I bought a Pelican brand arcade stick to use with the 1000+ arcade games that were included. The trouble I’m having is that the system freaks out when I plug the arcade stick in. Things either freeze or games/emulators don’t load at all. It will work for a little while with the Xbox games loaded on there before freezing and it will work perfectly fine on a non modded Xbox. My only guess is that it’s because it can’t do the same control actions like on a regular controller, so maybe the system gets confused. That’s kind of a wild guess though. Anyone have this problem or any idea on what’s causing it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By johnyept
      I'm trying all methods of XBOX modding: softmodding with exploit is learned and understood, later steps will be TSOP (v1.2) and modchip (v1.2/v1.6) but for now I decided to replace the original 10GB Seagate HDD with a 80GB 7200rpm Seagate HDD because the original is reporting below 50% health with Acronis Drive Monitor. I went with XBOXHDM 2.2a because I already had a FAT32 flash drive for booting ISOs, so I just extracted the content, added the entries from menu.lst to my menu.lst,  copied eeprom.bin to \eeprom folder and extracted v5960 dashboard files from Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z to \hdm\C.

It couldn't be simpler: Boot Slax, run xboxhd2 from command window (phase 2), run xboxhdm to create C/E/F partitions and autocopy the dashboard, lock the HDD with xboxhd2 again, insert HDD in the XBOX. All was OK until I booted the XBOX and was greeted with error 21. A quick Google search indicated it might be related to missing dashboard files, so I checked the C partition content with a quick hotswap, Windows XP and Xplorer360 beta6, and discovered that the files were copied in the 8.3 DOS naming scheme. For example, the "xboxdashdata.185ead00" folder was copied as "xboxda~1.185", the "XBox Book.xtf" file was copied as "xboxbo~1.xtf" and so on. Deleting all files and dropping them into Xplorer360 again solved the naming problem and the XBOX booted correctly.

(EDIT: for some strange reason, partition E had duplicated folders: tdata, udata, TDATA and UDATA)

So the question is: Why did Slax/QEMU copied the files in 8.3 format?
    • By rmila751
      I just got a  360 and am hoping to get my original Xbox games working. Thus far, only Halo will play. I  tried Deathrow, Quantum Redshift, and  Black Stone, but they won't run. I did think they were on the compatible list. This is a used console, so I don't know if maybe I am missing an update of some kind.

• By Kekule
      I know this group has a lot of new HDMI solutions recently, and has focused on the wii2hdmi mods. ( and I know there are more options coming in the near future)
      Here's a new option for you....I've recently finalized a completely new design (it's been in the works since christmas, but I'm pleased to announce that it is now completely functional) -supports component to HDMI conversion at all supported xbox video resolutions -Wolfson Audio IC to convert S/PDIF signal for the HDMI transmitter -Individually shielded video signals -Internal install will be an option   There are two basic ways to take advantage of the digital audio 1)Direct decoding when passed through an HDMI receiver 2)Optical pass through from your TV to you receiver 3) it can also pass the stereo audio to play directly on your TV   Sales are probably about a month out still, as I will be sending units out to a few trusted testers and get testing done with some of those problematic xbox systems that are around. Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.