I installed Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool v1.1.6 on both my v.12 and v1.6. The clock is set to autoset the time /date but it seems to be getting the wrong timezone, and I can't find where to change it. Could it be it needs a different SMTP IP address? I'm on GMT +0 (Lisbon, London).
I have a 2 modded xbox which have been sitting in a box for 10+ years - one is chipped (bought it this way and don't know the chip), and the other softmodded (I did it with the Bert & Ernie exploit 10+ years ago). I recently took them out and having a great time playing some old games on them.
So at a local yard sale I picked up a xbox for $5. I want to softmod it, but forgot all the details/instructions. I just ftp''ed into my softmodded and see I renamed the c:/fonts to c:/f0nts and in the original c:/fonts have the 2 bert and ernie files. From memory I think the xbe files on the root are the modded dashboard. So my question is, if I copy Bert and Ernie to the c:/fonts and copy all the files from my root to the new xbox, is that all I need?
Also, before the mod do I need to update the dash/kernel - does it matter? I don't plan to use any xbox live, so can I leave the kernel as-is?
Also, the way I softmodded my previous unit was by hotswapping using my chipped xbox. If I recall, I need to boot both, then unplug the ide cables from each and quickly plug the unmodded hdd to the chipped xbox - I then have access to the hdd files to add the files.
Any advice would be appreciated. Or if you have a link to an instruction page that would be great too (I searched google but nothing exists anymore).
I've got a couple boxes I threw some SSDs into recently and they don't load the dash, but as it says on the tin, only every OTHER time I turn it on.
Startup works normally up until AFTER the "X" logo.
Either the LED will stay solid green, and the screen will just be completely black forever (to be fair, only ever left it for about and hour while I was doing other stuff for giggles) OR the LED goes solid red like I've set it and loads UnleashX A-okay. Things both run like a champ in this state, haven't seen anything unusual, even the temps are great with stock paste.
This happens with:
- 2 brand new ADATA ASU655SS-480GT-C units, both of which were cloned from an IDE-based box with a 750GB seagate. The system they were cloned from was 1.6, softmodded with SID5, then upgraded to Rocky5. No issues on that console. These drives have NOT been tested in other functional consoles. Yet.
- Three 80-wire IDE cables, two of which were running active duty in other consoles prior to testing and one of which died for some reason during the test.
- Four IDE-SATA adapters - an HDE, a Startech IDE2SAT, and 2 Startech IDE2SAT2s (I haven't gone through the trouble of comparing ALL adapter and cable combos but at this point I don't think it matters)
- A 1.4 and 1.6 version console
- UnleashX Version 0.39.0528A Build 584, as installed by Rocky5's softmod
The fact that the LED stays green on the failed boot seems like the system somehow things everything is normal and the SSD has just... stopped? Somewhere? I'm not sure. I think maybe this could be related to the BIOS or DVD drive, as both consoles are only softmodded.
I plan to TSOP the 1.4 anyway, but I can't TSOP the 1.6 or (easily) remove its DVD drive, which I'm not inclined to do anyway as it works great. Wondering if anyone had some suggestions I perhaps haven't tried yet.
Thanks so much for any and all assistance!
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48