• Similar Content

• By farrdeamer
      Hi all,
      I recently pulled my OG Xbox out of the garage to set it up for my 9yo to have a play on. Looking forwards to showing it off to her, I tested it and it worked fine but thought I had better remove the clock cap for safety (no leaking but checked to make sure). Then let her have a go at a game - worked fine. Then after rebooting, error 12.... 
      I took the drive and put it on the PC and quickly took an image of it using HDDRawcopy, which showed around 8 bad sectors and the drive was reporting SMART errors too, so it's toast.
      I got a larger SATA drive and put it in using an amazon purchase IDE-SATA adapter, but still get the error 12 - is there any way to read the drive on a PC and repair the damage/reinstall whatever is used to boot (as there was a lovely setup of xecutor2 dashboards on there I would rather not lose).
      Otherwise, if there is no way to recover it.  I tried using Tru Hexen 2020 to try and setup another drive, but the DVD won't boot (HDD is set to slave, I get error 17) 
      Any help gratefully appreciated (it's a hard modded unit- xectutor 2 from memory)...

• By Maladin
      Hi fellow kids. Just wondering if I should recap the power supply in my og Xbox?
    • By titchgamer
      G'day guys,
      Just a quick one, Today I aquired a Crystal XBOX, I was under the impression they were all 1.6 but after I soft mod'd its ID'ing it as a 1.4?
      From what I have read this may mean its actually a 1.5 as it was manufactured in 2004.

So I know I need to pull the clock cap (which appears dead anyway) But I have opened her up and thankfully no damage to the board that I can see but its a different cap layout to the ones I have pulled before.
      Or is this actually a 1.6 and I can leave it be?

So can you confirm its this cap I need to pull out?

As you can see the board is totally filthy so tomorrow I intend on pulling the cap and giving it a good blow out

Cheers.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.