• Similar Content

• By nabilrezki
      Hi, i bought an xbox for 10€ a couple of months ago, i had to clean it, removed the clock capacitor and i also did a tsop flash (evox m8 bios)
      I added a 500gb hard drive, wich works quite fine, i tested it on another xbox and even a xbox 360! The thing is, the xbox takes a long time to boot, like 30 seconds, my other tsop 1.4 xbox takes no more than 15secs (give or take).
      I took a cheap chinese ide to sata for the xbox, it work well on my other xbox so i don't suspect that the problem can come from this. At first i thought that it was coming from the 80pins ribbon wich wasn't long enough, so i bought a longer one, but it didn't change anything.
      And on top of that, when i press both triggers + start + back in order to go back to my main dash, the xbox take at least 10 to 15 seconds to give me an error 07
      I suspect the dvd drive to be the issue, but why will it start with no other problem that the long boot when i press the power button, but fail to reboot when i press both triggers+start+back ? By the way i can hear two spins from the dvd drive, i think the xbox check if there is any dvd on it, so i tryed to insert a xbox game and the hexen disc, it loads, it takes a long time to load, but still..

So, is there any way to bypass the dvdcheck to see if it's come from this, whithou having to make any power modification ? i read that it's possible by disable dvd check on a certain bios + hardwares modifications wich i'm not feeling quite comfortable with..
      Or if you guys think that it could come from somewhere else?
    • By JohnnyPhantom
      Hey everyone, I purchased a original Xbox off eBay, it looks brand new, and hasn't been opened, all stickers intact. Only issue is when it powers on, red and green flashing led and a error code 12 on screen. Online suggests it's a DVD drive issue, bummer. It looks to be a Xbox 1.6 and has gotten very little use (if any at all, still has a brand new smell to it, spotless inside and out and not a spec of dust) is there anything I could try to fix the system? Could I try recapping the DVD drive board? I hate to buy another drive off eBay, as the only ones I found cost more than the system I got (including shipping), I have a mod chip on the way as well, if that might help
      Thanks in advance!
      ~John

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.