• Similar Content

• By RexMundi
      I did search first before posting and couldn't find any threads specifically talking about this.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  I have tested with an original XBOX S Type controller and a 3rd party controller.  I have also tested with a USB keyboard and an adapter.  None of which work when I enter XeniumOS.  However, the controllers work when modchip is disconnected.
      This is a 1.4 revision XBOX.  I assume it must be one of my solder joints to the modchip.  I have already reflowed these joints multiple times to fix another issue.  Unfortunately, I closed the machine up before I realized the problem.  Anyone know which pins I should focus on?  Is there a way to test continuity between LPC header pins and the motherboard?
      Thanks for any help you can provide.
    • By Dougmeister
      It has literally been over 10 years since I've played it. One of the bootup screens says "Xecutor2" at the bottom, so that tells me that much at least.
      My main question is the three (3) dip switches on the front of the console. Someone else installed it for me, and I forget what each of them does.
      I think that the left-most one controls whether or not the modchip is active; you wanted to toggle that one off if you ever went onto XBox Live, I think.
      Can anyone help?
    • By xDarkMaster
      Greetings everyone. Here's the situation: both my xboxes' dvd drives died. One is a thomson which receives power,but won't read the disks; then there's the philips one which doesn't even get recognized. I have one of those lg drives for pc that can be adapted to work as a new xbox dvd drive, but i miss the yellow power cable to attach it to the mobo. So my idea was to get it from the power/eject buttons. Does anybody have already attempted this and some tips?Is it even possible?(i cannot get ahold of a newcable for experimenting for cheap,so imstuck with this). My idea was to build like a couple of buttons to short the pins on the connectors on the motherboard in order to prompt the power/eject switches(don'tcare about leds, i only care of a good functioning xbox). Thanks in advance.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.