Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By dertio
      Well a little history behind this dvd drive, my first console was a 1.0 xbox with dvd drive fault(the one who distroy disk) bad power supply and caps disaster, so in the 2010 or 2012 that console decides die frying the nvidia chipset the mpcx3 or something 🙈 but that was the last time turn on.... anyway the think is the first time that console fail my father take to a repair shop (change the dvd drive) so that dvd drive Has been with me since 2005, so today I disassemble that dvd drive coz It was getting stuck when open or closed the tray plus bad motor belt, so the interesting stuff I found is the dvd drive was hacked or modded with wires soldered inside to specific points

I remember read something about that a lot time ago modding lg dvd drivers and flashing a custom firmware in the drive but I dunno if was true or just a random guy on internet, anyway here some pics about that mod also to make work that driver I need grab power from the hdd molex connector

The yellow wires end in the dvd conector on the Xbox make work like a original one
    • By tylervalo
      Hey guys, new here from USA.  Just trying to get my 15 post.
    • By mattison1986
      I completed my first softmod a few weeks ago and was not satisfied with the outcome so i ordered a couple of the aliddan xt chips. So far this looks like a great community for it. Any input would be helpfull. Happy to join Mattison   

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.