OGXbox.com

Possible Broken Softmod

Deep fri

So last night I tried to install JCrockys softmod using Splinter Cell but I think I installed it over the top of my current softmod... So originally I softmodded my xbox with JCrockys softmod but I upgraded my HDD... I used heXEn 2018 disc to format and install my new drive which all worked but I wanted to put JCrockys back on because he seems to be keeping all his stuff up to date and when I did the dashboard was failing to load and I could only boot from a disc.

Is there a way I can wipe and clean install JCrockys sofmod, if so, how? And will I need to copy over some things to my computer before I continue?

FYI its a 1.4 Halo Special Edition Xbox which has been TSOP flashed with EvoX M8+ Custom Bios. I'm completely new to Xbox modding and I don't completely understand the foundations on how all this stuff works yet so I apologize if this is a very easy fix

If the Xbox was TSOP flashed, that means it's already hardmodded, which is better than a softmod. There's no reason to install a softmod and doing so will cause a conflict with the BIOS of the hardmod, which prevents a dashboard from booting. Just clean the C partition to get rid of the softmod, but make sure you have a working dashboard path for your hardmod to boot with (probably C:\evoxdash.xbe).

EDIT: Oh. I didn't notice this was already answered in the other thread.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin

4 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

If the Xbox was TSOP flashed, that means it's already hardmodded, which is better than a softmod. There's no reason to install a softmod and doing so will cause a conflict with the BIOS of the hardmod, which prevents a dashboard from booting. Just clean the C partition to get rid of the softmod, but make sure you have a working dashboard path for your hardmod to boot with (probably C:\evoxdash.xbe).

EDIT: Oh. I didn't notice this was already answered in the other thread.

Yeah for some reason it double posted from my phone... I spoke to an admin to try and remove one of them.

If I completely clean the C will I be able to use JCrockys boot disc to install his dashboard?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 4PlayCoOp
      Ok I admit I am not a pro modder. Really only started learning stuff.
      I purchased an already modded OG xbox. Works great but i really wanted to use a wheel and arcade joysticks with soo many games. Found the OGx360 device and bought the 4 controller capable one.
      Plugged it in with a usb 4 port hub into the ogx360 and viola i had: an xbox 360 corded controller, a race wheel with pedals, and an arcade joystick 2 player board. I was able to turn off which controller i didnt need using the hub. Was soo happy!
      It worked for about a day... Some reason the controllers all stopped being seen by the xbox. Troubleshooting Tried just 360 corded controller plugged into the ogx360 and it blinks one time does not show the lit up for player number. Which it did do before.
      Tried switching which micro usb goes where but no effect. An Og xbox controller works so ports on xbox are good. And 360 controller works on a PC or 360 still. Same with wheel and arcade joysticks. So just the Ogx360 is fried?
      Reached out to seller and got replacement. Yay!
      But it worked again for about 2 days....
      Now i see most people seem to just use a wireless adapter in the ogx360. 
      Is using the 4 port usb hub what is causing my ogx360 to like short out?
      The devices i want to use are all corded so i dont need the wireless function just multiple USB.
    • By Kevin G.
      Hey guys, new member...but not new to the scene. I have been a member over at XBMC4XBOX for years. I initially modded this box in 2010/2011-ish. I had run XBMC on it for my daughter for a number of years, with the help of the fine folks over at X4X, have updated it several times...added some SNES ROMS and had quite a bit of fun messing around with it and the scene. As it got to be a little longer in the tooth for HD streaming, and several devices that are smaller and much more powerful that can do much more, I packed it away.
      My son is now 15, and loves all things gaming. I would like to get this back up and running with more ROMS that he and his friends can enjoy. Several months ago, I updated the dash with Rocky5 1.17 disc, but could never get anything to boot off of it. I only got Rocky5's gray dash, and the downloader working. XBMC would boot to a red error screen, and XBMC Emustation/XBMC4Gamers would not do anything...no matter how much I tried. I posted over at XBMC4XBOX several times to get some help, but really received no answers. In the last few weeks I have found this site, and have been reading as much as I can.
      I got the box out today, and had forgotten that in a fit of desperation, I tried HEXEN 2018 to try to wipe the mod and start over. It still had UnleashX as the main dash, and booted right up to it. XBMC 3.5 was still in the E: folder, but still booted to the red printed error screen. When I tried to switch to it as a dashboard I couldn't get UnleashX back. I put HEXEN back in and ran through some tools and kept getting more errors. Just dug Rocky5 out again, and ran through the softmod updater. 
      It is a stock (other than the softmod) 1.4 that I believe was warranty repaired by Microsoft at one time. I purchased it from a friend at work, and it had previously been opened up, but no mods had been done. Booted fine to stock dash with all his game saves. I had done the original mod with the Replay card and 007 with Krayzie's, I believe. It worked great, and I was constantly reading and messing with updates and dashboard appearance for it when it was in my daughter's room.
      I would really like to clean this thing up. Rocky5 is now updated, and I installed the XBMC4Gamers, and booted to the dash...it worked! Now that I am a little more encouraged, I want to get this as clean as possible before adding ROMS, etc...
      I feel all of my attempts have left junk behind, and I want it gone...Is there a utility or anything that will get my softmod to a point that it has only what it needs to run? Then I can begin again. Like a "fresh install" or "refresh"? I have old XBMC builds, and who knows what else cluttering up the disk. Or possibly a folder structure diagram that I can follow, and clean up manually? I had incorrectly assumed that the softmod updater or HEXEN would wipe everything for me, but that was not the case. I've poured through both discs and have not seen anything like this in any menus.

Thanks in advance...love the site
      Kevin
    • By ItsMatra
      I'm hoping someone can clarify the process for upgrading my HDD as looking to store games/emulator etc as the end result.
      I've already prepped the board for a TSOP mod with the links whilst soldering on extra RAM.

To upgrade my HDD my understanding is the following:
      Softmod First?
      TSOP
      Then can fit bigger HDD?

I've managed to find a unicorn WD Blue IDE 320GB HDD and thinking I could just image the drive and clone using Macrium? Then extend the partition to fill the 320GB drive I have
      - Would that work or do I need to use any extra/special tools?

The information is available in places but it all seems scattered  some just say TSOP but others say to TSOP you need to softmod first? It's been a while since I've had time to play with it again - booted up and played some games on it for the first time since fitting the RAM months ago only last night!
      Thanks

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.