OGXbox.com

Help! Aladdin Xblast FRAG but Xbox works with it disconnected (Green light)

Hispano

28 minutes ago, Hispano said:

Dead in motherboard? 😳 i got 1.7V on pin 1 measuring the voltage without my chip connected but when i connected it i always got +-0V

How can i check continuity with the modchip connected? I checked it with my motherboard disconnected against the points in the bottom from barnito's guide

It can be tricky. You can set the board vertically and probe on each side. Or use a temporary wire to whatever you want to probe.

Yeah I misread your table from the start of the thread. 0V when connected is not good because LCLK should be running at all times. Can you check continuity to ground vs pin 1 with the modchip connected?

41 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Can you do a resistance test between the mod chip pin 1 ( the point that's reading 0.02volt) and pin 1 on the MB (the pin that was reading 1.7 volt)

You will need access to both sides of the board.

And if you can test all the other pins as well

I dont know how to do it 🤔 i checked continuity with bottom board pins against bottom pins like the schematic from barnito's, doing it only pin 2 give me 1 in omh scale instead 0 

On 2/17/2023 at 10:37 AM, Hispano said:

With respect to continuity everything is correct except pin 2

1 hour ago, Prehistoricman said:

Yeah I misread your table from the start of the thread. 0V when connected is not good because LCLK should be running at all times. Can you check continuity to ground vs pin 1 with the modchip connected?

With my board vertically? Or from fast solder 1 and 2 pins in horizontal position? I tested them with the board disconnected against their points that barnito's told in his guide. Im totally lost now and im afraid of damage my xbox 😥

1 hour ago, Prehistoricman said:

Can you check continuity to ground vs pin 1 with the modchip connected?

I checked voltage from ground (pin 2) against pin 1 with modchip connected (horizontally) and got 0,02 V and testing continuity (omega letter from multimeter) i got 0,02 too instead 1 or 0... Im out of ideas

Remove the board from the Xbox and stand the board on it's edge and bit ilke this that way you can have a probe on each side to test for resistance.

PXL-20230221-041530836.jpg

You set your meter on Ohm's and test from the solder on the bottom of the board to the point's on the mod-chip where I got you to test for voltage.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You set your meter on Ohm's and test from the solder on the bottom of the board to the point's on the mod-chip where I got you to test for voltage.

I put vertically the board and tested from soldered pins in the bottom against the points in the modchip and in Ohm's scale in my multimeter and in all pins from modchip (1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11) i got 0 Ohms.

Also i tested in points from bottom of the board and got 0 Ohms too like in this image:

142000977_xboxLPC.png.1c8ecabe2835b6897b716916dfcff6c9.thumb.png.2103bce881ef115a15496915d7bfcca9.png

I tested too with beeper position in my multimeter doing both test from above (pins in mainboard vs points in chip and (pins in mainboard vs points in mainboard) and always beeped.

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you remove the red wire from the mod chip and solder it to ground ( Screw  hole ) instead of the mod-chip

If i solder the wire from D0 in mainboard to a screw hole (ground) always happen the same thing like when is connected to D0 in chip, always FRAG

Also i tested the continuity from both D0 points (board and chip) and i got 0 Ohm too

Any idea to solve it?

Thank you very much for your patience trying to help me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hispano said:

I put vertically the board and tested from soldered pins in the bottom against the points in the modchip and in Ohm's scale in my multimeter and in all pins from modchip (1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11) i got 0 Ohms.

Also i tested in points from bottom of the board and got 0 Ohms too like in this image:

142000977_xboxLPC.png.1c8ecabe2835b6897b716916dfcff6c9.thumb.png.2103bce881ef115a15496915d7bfcca9.png

I tested too with beeper position in my multimeter doing both test from above (pins in mainboard vs points in chip and (pins in mainboard vs points in mainboard) and always beeped.

If i solder the wire from D0 in mainboard to a screw hole (ground) always happen the same thing like when is connected to D0 in chip, always FRAG

Also i tested the continuity from both D0 points (board and chip) and i got 0 Ohm too

Any idea to solve it?

Thank you very much for your patience trying to help me!

The last resistance readings you did lead me to think you have a faulty mod-chip, I think the CPLD is probably working as it activates the D0 but when it comes time to read the 1st 256kb of the eeprom for Xblast OS this is where is fails. I wonder if the seller forgot to flash the eeprom.

The only real way to 100% confirm the chip is at fault is to either plug a different chip on your Xbox or fit your Xblast chip to a known working chipped Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

The only real way to 100% confirm the chip is at fault is to either plug a different chip on your Xbox or fit your Xblast chip to a known working chipped Xbox.

Then i need to buy another (one from Aliexpress) and swap it (if the new chip works) and flash my xblast?

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

But seems that it should boot into latest bank to flash (xblast bank flashed) as i read in this post: https://mmmonkey.co.uk/og-xbox-xblast-aladdin-install/

Its strange... What should be my next step?

10 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The last resistance readings you did lead me to think you have a faulty mod-chip, I think the CPLD is probably working as it activates the D0 but when it comes time to read the 1st 256kb of the eeprom for Xblast OS this is where is fails. I wonder if the seller forgot to flash the eeprom.

Another question, i always got wrong voltages with chip connected but got all voltages right with it disconnected... Could be a bad flashed chip the reason? I dont understand this 🤔

20 minutes ago, Hispano said:

Another question, i always got wrong voltages with chip connected but got all voltages right with it disconnected... Could be a bad flashed chip the reason? I dont understand this 🤔

If the voltages are correct with the D0 disconnected ( Close to the readings I posted before on my Xblast chip ) then it's highly unlikely the CPLD flash is the problem and more the 49lf080 is blank.

As you have paid for a working Xblast mod chip I suggest you contact the seller and ask politely for a replacement as most sellers are happy to help.

Cheers

SS Dave

36 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

As you have paid for a working Xblast mod chip I suggest you contact the seller and ask politely for a replacement as most sellers are happy to help.

It was ModsvilleUSA. He stands by his name and will surely make it right, if the chip is indeed the issue. OP should reach out to him and see if maybe he can offer some trouble shooting tips. 

Edited by MadMartigan

1 minute ago, MadMartigan said:

It was ModsvilleUSA. He stands by his name and will surely make it right, if the chip is indeed the issue. OP should out to him and see if maybe he can offer some trouble shooting tips. 

29 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I sent a email to him, i will tell you if i could get a solution to get work my Aladdin Xbast

10 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

It was ModsvilleUSA. He stands by his name and will surely make it right, if the chip is indeed the issue. OP should reach out to him and see if maybe he can offer some trouble shooting tips. 

I agree and I think we have been though all the trouble shooting except for testing a known working chip on his Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 2/20/2023 at 6:04 AM, SS_Dave said:

Check the voltages while the chip is connected to the main board and powered up as per this pic

Dave, i also have did a quick test more without D0 on chip connected but with chip connected to measure voltages in chip without FRAG, i got all right except pin 2 (ground), i got 0,02 V instead 0V in thi pin. In the rest of pins all voltages are right

Then the chip could be empty without any bios flashed?

4 hours ago, Hispano said:

Dave, i also have did a quick test more without D0 on chip connected but with chip connected to measure voltages in chip without FRAG, i got all right except pin 2 (ground), i got 0,02 V instead 0V in thi pin. In the rest of pins all voltages are right

Then the chip could be empty without any bios flashed?

0.02volt on pin 2 (Ground) is fine.

It is sounding more like the 49lf080 is empty. When I made my Xblast chip, You program the CPLD ( Lattice chip ) 1st then you can either flash the 49lf080 in a external read/writer or boot the Xbox with a working mod-chip chip then hot swap to the new Xblast chip and flash the 49lf080 from a Xbox app.  It's possible the seller mistakably shipped it with a blank eeprom (49lf080).

As long as the chip 49lf080 has got the Xblast bios flashed it should boot and then from there you can add two more bios files.

Lets see what the seller replies to your email.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It is sounding more like the 49lf080 is empty. When I made my Xblast chip, You program the CPLD ( Lattice chip ) 1st then you can either flash the 49lf080 in a external read/writer or boot the Xbox with a working mod-chip chip then hot swap to the new Xblast chip and flash the 49lf080 from a Xbox app.  It's possible the seller mistakably shipped it with a blank eeprom (49lf080).

Hi again Dave! I have a doubt... Could be the pin 16 that it makes FRAG my console with the chip connected and D0 connected to it? I ask because i didnt be able to remove the solder from this pin hole in LPC port 🤔

Im waiting too for a answer from modzville, he said to me to send the pictures of my solder and tell him my tests in his discord channel, i posted all and im waiting for his answer

Edited by Hispano

2 hours ago, Hispano said:

Hi again Dave! I have a doubt... Could be the pin 16 that it makes FRAG my console with the chip connected and D0 connected to it? I ask because i didnt be able to remove the solder from this pin hole in LPC port 🤔

Im waiting too for a answer from modzville, he said to me to send the pictures of my solder and tell him my tests in his discord channel, i posted all and im waiting for his answer

Pins 13 to 16 of the LPC Port have no affect as in your application they are not needed/used, It will not matter if the hole is full of solder or empty.

I suggest you send a link to this page as I believe you have thoroughly tested your install, Even thought the solder work is not the best I have seen I have seen a hell of lot worse ( and I mean solder that looks like the person used a stick welder) that's working.

test-resaults.png

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I suggest you send a link to this page as I believe you have thoroughly tested your install, Even thought the solder work is not the best I have seen I have seen a hell of lot worse ( and I mean solder that looks like the person used a stick welder) that's working.

Yes, I linked him to this thread. I rebuild all my solder pins and reflow the pins in Aladdin Xblast but my Xbox continues FRAG with chip connected and D0 too but booting without D0 connected. He will send me a replacement.

What do you think about my solder now?

Thanks for your help Dave!

IMG_20230222_210328.thumb.jpg.346a9e5f999dc125cfc992590e999a3f.jpgIMG_20230222_210344.thumb.jpg.77b596b7e12ac0f2589499e4705a4be1.jpgIMG_20230222_210354.thumb.jpg.403c9c1c7bf608f23557bc8946e368aa.jpgIMG_20230222_210308.jpg.057bd4bd0fd8b89292371130f3ed5c36.jpgTIMG_20230222_194409.thumb.jpg.737572dc5bd1970b47fe07f7da345221.jpg

Edited by Hispano

21 minutes ago, Hispano said:

Yes, I linked him to this thread. I rebuild all my solder pins and reflow the pins in Aladdin Xblast but my Xbox continues FRAG with chip connected and D0 too but booting without D0 connected. He will send me a replacement.

What do you think about my solder now?

Thanks for your help Dave!

IMG_20230222_210308.jpg.057bd4bd0fd8b89292371130f3ed5c36.jpgT

That's a 100% improvement, And that a good result for you with the seller sending you a replacement.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

That's a 100% improvement, And that a good result for you with the seller sending you a replacement.

Then my solder looks good now? 😊 I did it with a cheap solder with temp regulation (i used a JBC without regulation before)... I think i need buy a new solder, weller is a good brand?