OGXbox.com

Aladdin EX flash

tomahawk

Just looked out one of my old original xboxes, It has an Aladdin EX chip like one in picture..The xbox is a 1.6 and only has a 40gb drive and was going to upgrade it to a 250gb drive that I have...
So I tried to flash with EvoxM8+ v1.6 BIOS which I ran through evtool to enable LBA48 support.
But when I tried to flash it to Aladdin EX it just sticks on erasing as seen in picture.

I have tried holding power for 1 second write to chip not enabled,tried 2 seconds same result, tried more than 5 seconds same result...So I take it that chip bios is not writeable.
Do I need to flash it with an external device / EEPROM programmer.
Or if I take out the SST 49LF002B chip from Aladdin and replace it with SST 49LF020A will I then be able to flash it...

Aladdin EX flash.png

Edited by tomahawk
added more clear info

Hi SS_Dave,  I Tried xblast and when I try to flash xbox just reboots and chip is not flashed...Tried 1 second push of power button,2 second push of power button and more than 5 second push of power button but still can not get chip into flash enabled mode. So I do not think chip is flashable thats why I ask this

"Do I need to flash it with an external device / EEPROM programmer.

Or if I take out the SST 49LF002B chip from Aladdin and replace it with SST 49LF020A will I then be able to flash it.." cheers

Try from the power off (Standby) state press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds to power on.

Yes you could flash that chip in and external eeprom read/writer or after the Xbox has booted replace the eeprom chip with a 49lf020 then start the flash process.

If it was me I would re-flash the onboard bios chip and remove the modchip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.