OGXbox.com

Controller broken after TSOP attempt?

ka5ug4

After atleast two months of issues with an HDD swap, I decided to try and TSOP flash my console (1.0 US)

While my skills were shoddy at best, I don't think I soldered any pads that weren't the R7D3 or R7R3, and the system seems to boot fine (no error LEDS), but my controller no longer works. I've bought an aftermarket/3rd party controller, and that one didn't work either. There doesn't seem to be any problems on the daughterboard, and all the cables are plugged in right...

Any idea what could've happened, and how I might be able to fix this?

6 hours ago, ka5ug4 said:

After atleast two months of issues with an HDD swap, I decided to try and TSOP flash my console (1.0 US)

While my skills were shoddy at best, I don't think I soldered any pads that weren't the R7D3 or R7R3, and the system seems to boot fine (no error LEDS), but my controller no longer works. I've bought an aftermarket/3rd party controller, and that one didn't work either. There doesn't seem to be any problems on the daughterboard, and all the cables are plugged in right...

Any idea what could've happened, and how I might be able to fix this?

It sounds like the daughter board ( The small vertical board at the front ) is not plugged in properly

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It sounds like the daughter board ( The small vertical board at the front ) is not plugged in properly

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It seems to be wired properly... (attached picture is the reference I'm using)

Screenshot_2023-01-30-08-23-09-61_64ef5fc2000c1caa954c114bb372e1d5_1_1.jpg

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Have you tried using a different game port?

Cheers

SS Dave

None of the four ports are working...

Heres an actual pic of my console for reference:

IMG20230130201437_1_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Well for starters, it’s not plugged in. Did you unplug it for reference? 

All this time, it never occurred to me that the black pins on the bottom connected to something...

Nevertheless, it's working now! Thanks to everyone who helped guide my clueless self!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ka5ug4 said:

All this time, it never occurred to me that the black pins on the bottom connected to something...

Nevertheless, it's working now! Thanks to everyone who helped guide my clueless self!

It's always a little embarrassing but a lot more satisfying when you notice it was something simple and all is well now. Glad you got it sorted.