OGXbox.com

Chipmod PROJECT STELLAR is it just to fit in an Xbox that already has Pin Headers Installed?

Felipe_Desenvolver

Hello good evening guys, I need to clear a doubt about the Xbox HD and the chip.... Come on, My Xbox 1.6 already has the Pin headers installed, and I want to buy Chipmod PROJECT STELLAR, I just fit it in and ready? Since you have everything done.... and another thing I'm going to buy a HD Western Blue, would that be the right one?

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

AFAIK any hard disk would be fine. I have a 2TB WD Cavier Blue in my Xbox.

And yes, if you already have the pin headers the Project Stellar modchip would just be a drop in replacement for whatever modchip you have. I do not recall if soldering any additional wires are required - you can always check in with Dustin at https://discord.gg/9aammkvj

8 minutes ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

AFAIK qualquer disco rígido seria bom. Eu tenho um WD Cavier Blue de 2 TB no meu Xbox.

E sim, se você já possui os cabeçalhos dos pinos, o modchip do Projeto Stellar seria apenas uma substituição para qualquer modchip que você tenha. Não me lembro se é necessário soldar fios adicionais - você sempre pode verificar com Dustin em https://discord.gg/9aammkvj

OK thank you. I'll take some more questions with him

28 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Stellar modchip… yes.  You’ll need to connect it to your PC first and give it the Xbox kernel…. Then yes… just plug it in 

Are you sure about this? this is only for kernel debugging and firmware recovery if the modchip somehow got bricked. There shouldn't be a need to use the USB port in most use cases.

StellarOS is already baked in to the modchip, no further work is required based on what I am reading at https://makemhz.com/blogs/news/announcing-project-stellar-plus-more

8 minutes ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

Você tem certeza disso? isso é apenas para depuração do kernel e recuperação de firmware se o modchip de alguma forma for bloqueado. Não deve haver necessidade de usar a porta USB na maioria dos casos de uso.

O StellarOS já está embutido no modchip, nenhum trabalho adicional é necessário com base no que estou lendo em https://makemhz.com/blogs/news/announcing-project-stellar-plus-more

even better, just plug it in and go

1 hora atrás, RetroEmulationNation disse:

AFAIK qualquer disco rígido seria bom. Eu tenho um WD Cavier Blue de 2 TB no meu Xbox.

E sim, se você já possui os cabeçalhos dos pinos, o modchip do Projeto Stellar seria apenas uma substituição para qualquer modchip que você tenha. Não me lembro se é necessário soldar fios adicionais - você sempre pode verificar com Dustin em https://discord.gg/9aammkvj

Does the Sata III Connection work on Xbox?

38 minutes ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Does the Sata III Connection work on Xbox?

No, not directly, the Xbox has an IDE interface that connects to the hard drive and DVD drive. 

You need an IDE-to-SATA adapter to connect a SATA drive to the Xbox's IDE interface.

Suggested adapters include Startech's IDE2SAT2 or DeLock's 62510.  You will also need a 24" long high-speed 80-wire 40-pin IDE cable to use instead of the stock 40-wire 40-pin IDE cable.

22 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Não, não diretamente, o Xbox tem uma interface IDE que se conecta ao disco rígido e à unidade de DVD. 

Você precisa de um adaptador IDE para SATA para conectar uma unidade SATA à interface IDE do Xbox.

Os adaptadores sugeridos incluem IDE2SAT2 da Startech ou 62510 da DeLock. Você também precisará de um cabo IDE de 40 pinos e 80 fios de alta velocidade de 24" para usar em vez do cabo IDE de 40 pinos e 40 fios padrão.

No, okay. these things I have. It's because I'm going to change mine which is a GREEN unit for a blue one and I wanted to know if Sata III (Desktop Harddrive) Blue it's compatible

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

4 hours ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Since My GREEN Has Already Gained Error 13 Twice, And To End This I Will Buy The BLUE

Are you using an 80-wire 40-pin high-speed IDE cable?  If not, doing so fixes many with an error 13 screen that still try to use the stock IDE cable.

Also, green drives need to have their green / eco features (IDLE timeout/spindown) disabled.

WD Blues are what I last used to upgrade the hard drive in an Xbox - 2TB CMR (Conventional Magnetic Recording) version of the drive with 64KB cache instead of SMR (Shingled Magnetic Recording) version with 256KB cache.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Você está usando um cabo IDE de alta velocidade de 80 fios e 40 pinos? Caso contrário, isso corrige muitos com uma tela de erro 13 que ainda tenta usar o cabo IDE padrão.

Além disso, os drives verdes precisam ter seus recursos verdes/eco (tempo limite/redução de rotação IDLE) desativados.

WD Blues é o que usei pela última vez para atualizar o disco rígido em um Xbox - versão CMR (Gravação Magnética Convencional) de 2 TB da unidade com cache de 64 KB em vez da versão SMR (Gravação Magnética Shingled) com cache de 256 KB.

Yes, I have the 80-way cable, but I didn't modify the IDLE of the HD, because I'm going to buy a new HD BLUE, and leave the GREEN for my computer

On 30/01/2023 at 04:07, coldasijs said:

Se você planeja comprar apenas uma unidade de 500 GB, por que não ir diretamente para o SSD? A vida útil não deve ser uma preocupação, especialmente porque Stellar adiciona TRIM. O preço é o mesmo, mas o desempenho é melhor.

Here in Brazil it costs more, an HD found for R$96 while the SSD is on average R$300

• Thanks 1

Just another quick question... on the Project Stellar website I read:

• Support for 64MB, 128MB, and 256MB RAM configurations

Is there a 256Mb RAM configuration for Xbox?

Also that the boards memory is addressable by the xbox CPU? - does this mean the additional processing power of the Dual ARM CPU is also accessible?