OGXbox.com

XBMC4Gamers issue when detecting games - some work, some dont!

gandalfnz

Hi Guys

I am new here and have soft modded my og xbox and installed XBMC4Gamers dash, however some games are just not being recognized by the dash.

I have tried so many different solutions, such as copying from different flash drives, hdd.....etc, nothing helped.

When ripping the games from a disc, they work fine, and most work ok after copy, but some just show these weird names as you can see in the screenshot.

Xbox is running a 1TB hdd, for those games that wont work, artwork installer just marks them as being corrupt.

Has anyone else had this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

xbx og issue.jpg

I'd suspect what the artwork installer is telling you is correct and you need to find a new source or re-download.

However I'd check the XBE titles for those games because it would have to be a specific corruption of the "default.xbe" for it not at least to appear in the Games list correctly even if the game itself did not launch.

With XBMC4Gamers, which is essentially a dedicated XBMC skin you should be able to use the WHITE controller button when highlighting the game on that Games' screen and you should see a Rename XBE menu option.

It could even be that old problem of double packing the game ie. the game folder is inside another folder of the same name. That is usually as result of unpacking a ZIP or RAR file to another named folder rather than just unpacking the content: the game folder.

Before unpacking any compressed file you should check how it is is packed first.   

• 4 weeks later...