OGXbox.com

Samsung DVD Drive - Error 12

Manaburn

Getting error 12 and I feel like I've tried everything... cleaned the laser, the pcb, checked my wires and connections, everything seems good the drive even seems to work fine lol. I've got a mod chip on the way but it won't be here until March sometime probably :( this is super annoying.. although the laser resistance is reading 3.6k no matter how much I try to adjust it it seems stuck at the resistance. Everything else seems good even checked all the resistors on the pcb by the ide cable.

Here's a video of the error code and the drive
https://streamable.com/12oewm

heres a pic of the only other thing that looks possibly damaged https://i.ibb.co/7yRzBqB/327869220-5958167487563144-7908614504502997769-n.jpg

it's the right corner of the pcb attached to the laser but its hard to tell bcause I've never seen another one. If I can't fix this I'm going to have to wait at least a month for the Stellar mod to show up -_-

Somebody help me please!!

Edited by Manaburn
added video of error code and dvd drive

That's not damage it's the laser protection link that's fitted to prevent static damage during transit.

Try connecting a PC ide DVD drive to the 40way cable in place of the Xbox DVD using a 4 pin splitter to get power from the HDD, You need to have the yellow cable still connected to the Xbox DVD to tell the MB the DVD drive is closed.

If it boots to a dash then you need to replace the DVD drive or fit a mod-chip then has a bios that can have the DVD check disabled.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1