Sign in to follow this  
stuCONNERS

Converting Controllers To Wireless

Does anyone have any tips for making the controller s wireless? My understanding is that the yellow wire isn't needed and the posts are just usb 1.1. I can fit a 5v battery in the controller and I can get a recharge circuit, so that's the battery covered. Would 2 of these be suitable to solder, one in the controller and the other inside the xbox?

Please login or register to see this link.  

Any help would be great

• Like 1

The yellow wire is not needed.  This might work but I wonder about the lag it might cause.  I can feel the difference between a regular corded controller and even a high quality wireless controller.  If you have the parts it would be a fun project just to try out though.  

11 minutes ago, ecstone said:

difference between a regular corded controller and even a high quality wireless controller 

You mean Logitech? and are you playing Halo, Quake, Unreal, how you notice the lags, what are the symptoms?

I notice it most on games that require exact timing.  In Prince of Persia when you are performing wall jumps you have to hit the jump button at the exact time, on a wireless controller I have to adjust my timing on when I push the button.  It's more evident when playing emulators, precise button timing makes all the difference in whether you can finish an old NES platformer or not.  It's hard to describe but you definitely feel the difference when you are playing.

I've tried Logitech and Pelican.  The Logitech are definitely good but I still notice the input lag.  The Pelican are garbage as far as input lag goes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By ConsoleTechUS
      As always, the finished product goes first.
      The system is a XChip modded xbox running XBMC. Has 4,000 games backedup on it (Coinops-NES, Atari 2600, N64, PS1, Arcade games and everything inbetween. Including some PC game ports as well as backed up Xbox games with custom maps and features).
      But, there's a twist. It can use original, unmodified NES controllers. And full SNES controllers with a simple SNES>NES adapter (Fun fact, they have the same contacts, just different plugs).
      This is designed to be a very long lasting Xbox. It runs under 100 degrees Fahrenheit and everything is plug n play so if I need to change the motherboard or PSU out its as easy as Legos. And as always, the unit is designed to be used by strangers at large events when its not sitting in front of my own TV, so its built quite rugged. 
      For the case I went to eBay and simply searched "aluminum enclosure" until I found something I liked. When it arrived, it looked something like below. 

Then I used a drill press to slowly and methodically drill out the holes I wanted, then I filed them down. Luckily I no longer have to do this method for my consoles as I found someone who can reliably mill my holes out for me. While this method worked, its missing that final 5% that really makes you go "wow".

For the NES ports, I used a microcontroller to imitate the OG xbox controller and let me use unmodified NES controllers instead. To switch between the NES and Xbox controllers, you just have to push the button next to the controller port, its that simple. I have adapters to allow me to use SNES controllers as well. Luckily its just a physical difference for the plug, like having a USB-mini to USB micro adapter. While I like the duke controller, I can now use more simple controllers for games that dont required joysticks. While its tempting to have my new contact professionally remake a front bezel for me to really polish it off, I would rather that money go toward a new project. 

• By immune
      UP 4 SALE:   2x 2TB V1.1 Consoles up for sale. Tsop flash with X2 5035 BIOS, Both are running my XBMC4Gamers Custom build. Both Consoles come with Controllerport LEDS (1xBlue/1xRed)   Both Consoles inlcuding 1x Logitech Wireless Controller, Chinese Component Cable and Schuko-Powerplug.   Shipping to Europe only but preferably to german speaking countries as there are some games/titles german only. If youre from a non german speaking country and youre familiar with swapping those i´m more than happy to send it your way.   Please PM for more info 1.bmp
      2.bmp
      3.bmp
      4.bmp
      5.bmp
      9.bmp
      100.bmp
      107.bmp
      screenshot004.bmp
      screenshot006.bmp

• By ludvig82
      Is anyone interested in an partly working orange Madcatz controller. It is wireless, the rubber is in bad condition, the case is good though. One rumble motor need to be soldered, the triggers needs to be pushed hard to get them to max and it is dismantled. It comes with the receiver and all parts.

I have no idea on price, so open for offers if anyone is interested. Shipping must be covered by buyer, and tbh it can be a bit expensive from here.

Sent from my 16th using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.