OGXbox.com

trying to salvage a 1.4ver with x3ce with xlcd from a house fire

greatcornholio

i almost lost everything in a house fire the fire happened two years ago and at that time i slimmed down my xboxs and only had two of them one just a softmod the other the xecuter 3 now let me tell you these xboxs were directly under my 55in flat screen tv and the tv melted all down on the xboxs now im here to tell you that Microsoft built a tank when they built these things because softmod survived i mean the case is junk both power and eject buttons were melted together i had to break the case apart and pull the power/eject pcb board out to turn it on  now i have not cleaned the mother board or anything and it functions so i have hope i have not hooked up x3 to see whats up its the holy grail instead i have it pulled apart and trying to clean the mother board and mod chip and try to get it up and going again the switches are really bad one of the switches got so hot  that some of the buttons fell off one switch came apart a spring came out but the switch might still work if you act like there is a spring there it will cycle but they are all melted in some way ie the switches  now about the lcd screen i have it all pulled apart i might be able to salvage it it had some sort of tint on the out side of the glass witch is easy i just have to find out about what % tint it was but on the other side of the glass screen for illumination there is a white semi transparent film for even and soft illumination and now mine is is wavy like a pice of bacon and that will effect the screens back light illumination so if i can figure out the tint % and a good replacement for the backlight diffuser i think its what it is lol and to replace these switches  https://imgbox.com/g/Pl9bJWtgsZ 

x3faceplate.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

thank you for the advice of witch i did use distilled water and dawn dish soap did the trick and plan on getting one of those lcd screens but for now its running on one of the bios banks not sure witch one or how im going repair the switch bank as i stated i bought this thing and wish i did the install of the x3 ce becase they super glued the wires going to switches to the face plate  and im sure ive broken a couple of wires trying to get it lol but it runs 

On 1/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, greatcornholio said:

i almost lost everything in a house fire the fire happened two years ago and at that time i slimmed down my xboxs and only had two of them one just a softmod the other the xecuter 3 now let me tell you these xboxs were directly under my 55in flat screen tv and the tv melted all down on the xboxs now im here to tell you that Microsoft built a tank when they built these things because softmod survived i mean the case is junk both power and eject buttons were melted together i had to break the case apart and pull the power/eject pcb board out to turn it on  now i have not cleaned the mother board or anything and it functions so i have hope i have not hooked up x3 to see whats up its the holy grail instead i have it pulled apart and trying to clean the mother board and mod chip and try to get it up and going again the switches are really bad one of the switches got so hot  that some of the buttons fell off one switch came apart a spring came out but the switch might still work if you act like there is a spring there it will cycle but they are all melted in some way ie the switches  now about the lcd screen i have it all pulled apart i might be able to salvage it it had some sort of tint on the out side of the glass witch is easy i just have to find out about what % tint it was but on the other side of the glass screen for illumination there is a white semi transparent film for even and soft illumination and now mine is is wavy like a pice of bacon and that will effect the screens back light illumination so if i can figure out the tint % and a good replacement for the backlight diffuser i think its what it is lol and to replace these switches  https://imgbox.com/g/Pl9bJWtgsZ 

x3faceplate.jpg

First of all, GREAT username. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your housefire. That really sucks, man. I'm glad you were at least able to salvage enough of the Box for it to work, chip and all... was the X3CP even salvageable? It looks like it's broken in half, man.

I'm sorry to hear about your housefire man. Hopefully I can help you out a bit. I recently cloned all the XC3P boards complete with full BOMs for each board aside from the XLCD. For replacement parts or if you just want to make new boards from scratch you can checkout the github repo here:
https://github.com/Element18592/Xecuter-X3CP-Boards

As for the white diffuser you can rob that and the LCD itself from another HD44780 LCD to rebuild your XLCD. 

• Thanks 2

thanks my screen name was also my xbl gamertag on xbl v1 and yeah the face plate is broken in half im not to worried about the case i have serval xboxs and i think im going  to finish a slim xbox i started a long time ago but the xc3p screen doesn't work but it was just mostly for aesthetics and not functionality of the chip the board of xc3p looks fine even the back light illuminates but nothing on the screen maybe because  i didn't have a diffuser but i doubt it but what i suspect the real problem is i accidently knocked off the silicone strips to the screen i was tying to be carful but it didn't work out but i still have two options i know when i was a kid i used to take everything apart and some calculators have an lcd screen with the same silicone strips and i know once broke at the glass its hard to get a good connection but i know its not imposable but damn hard my question is what do they use to set the connection i have tried 91 ipa it didn't work but the amount of work checking things and trying again and again don't sound very productive so I've thought about it and i think harvesting the screen cage and diffuser from 

https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/cfah2004aptmiew-20x4-spi-character-lcd

for 20$ its worth a shot as long as i don't sever the connection between the screen and the silicone strips but my real problem is the switch bank whoever built this thing superglued the wires going to the switches and the switches them self are not good ether i need to find and solder them on the board or just replace the switch bank completely i have seen a few that have sold on here so im just watching 

lcd.png

download (1).png

6 hours ago, greatcornholio said:

thanks my screen name was also my xbl gamertag on xbl v1 and yeah the face plate is broken in half im not to worried about the case i have serval xboxs and i think im going  to finish a slim xbox i started a long time ago but the xc3p screen doesn't work but it was just mostly for aesthetics and not functionality of the chip the board of xc3p looks fine even the back light illuminates but nothing on the screen maybe because  i didn't have a diffuser but i doubt it but what i suspect the real problem is i accidently knocked off the silicone strips to the screen i was tying to be carful but it didn't work out but i still have two options i know when i was a kid i used to take everything apart and some calculators have an lcd screen with the same silicone strips and i know once broke at the glass its hard to get a good connection but i know its not imposable but damn hard my question is what do they use to set the connection i have tried 91 ipa it didn't work but the amount of work checking things and trying again and again don't sound very productive so I've thought about it and i think harvesting the screen cage and diffuser from 

https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/cfah2004aptmiew-20x4-spi-character-lcd

for 20$ its worth a shot as long as i don't sever the connection between the screen and the silicone strips but my real problem is the switch bank whoever built this thing superglued the wires going to the switches and the switches them self are not good ether i need to find and solder them on the board or just replace the switch bank completely i have seen a few that have sold on here so im just watching 

lcd.png

download (1).png

Dang man. I don't think there was a single period in that entire post. I was sitting here for 3 minutes trying to decipher what you said. HAHA. Gotta watch your caffeine intake, friend... But, Cornholio does not exist without caffiene, so , you know.

That's cool that you';re willing to put in some work to fix this thing. I got VERY lucky and found a NOS control panel and a perfect shell and was able to resore my X3 system. I could never hope to find another one, though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Dang man. I don't think there was a single period in that entire post. I was sitting here for 3 minutes trying to decipher what you said. HAHA. Gotta watch your caffeine intake, friend... But, Cornholio does not exist without caffiene, so , you know.

When this thread first came up, I gave up on reading the post. Not a single item of punctuation! It's like listening to my drug addict neighbour.

• Haha 1