Matta

Does the Original Xbox Mic Switchable?

I am interested in purchasing this Please login or register to see this link.

I have one question though, will my steel series artis 3 work on halo 2? I have never owned one of these devices and I can not find any information regarding the topic. If anyone owns one of these I am just curious if you need a specific model of xbox headphones. I have multiple headsets but my artis is the best. Any response/help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

If you remove adapter's casing, an Xbox 360 headset fits in and works as intended. There is a 2.5mm Audio jack with 4 contacts.

Edited by neighbor

Thank you but that does not exactly answer my question. I understand there is a jack but will a headset work with it?

17 hours ago, Matta said:

will a headset work with it?

there is an answer in my previous comment, it WILL work with 360 headset, done this. But with your headset, you can try an adapter male to female - 2.5mm to 3.5mm, it depends on the pinout of both, the Xbox 360 and your headset.

Edited by neighbor

So I was wrong, the Xbox heaset has 3 contacts, GND, MIC, SPEAKER
Just check what pinout your headset uses, before trying all that. At least, a soldering iron can fix it, by reasigning the wires in this little black adapter.

as.jpg

Edited by neighbor