OGXbox.com

Cerbios 1.6 and Origins 2TB - Frag

nbaj

Modded a 1.6 with an Aladdin chip following a thorough tut on YT

Rebuilt the LPC per the tutorial. I programmed with the latest cerbios. Pic attached isn't mine, but i followed this exact picrebuild.thumb.JPG.91b12a17ba8f60ad8e6ae7a66d313384.JPG

Powered on = frag

Removed the hdd = frag

Removed the disc drive = frag

Disconnected the chip = no frag. Console booted up to the splash screen followed by errors related to the hdd and disc drive since they were disconnected

Other then that

Will cerbios run the origins 2tb? When i did a cerbios on a 1.4, i remember having to format the hdd with cerbios in fatxplorer

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Edited by nbaj

32 minutes ago, nbaj said:

Modded a 1.6 with an Aladdin chip following a thorough tut on YT

Rebuilt the LPC per the tutorial. I programmed with the latest cerbios. Pic attached isn't mine, but i followed this exact picrebuild.thumb.JPG.91b12a17ba8f60ad8e6ae7a66d313384.JPG

Powered on = frag

Removed the hdd = frag

Removed the disc drive = frag

Disconnected the chip = no frag. Console booted up to the splash screen followed by errors related to the hdd and disc drive since they were disconnected

Other then that

Will cerbios run the origins 2tb? When i did a cerbios on a 1.4, i remember having to format the hdd with cerbios in fatxplorer

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Is the cerbios the latest? it should be version 2.2.0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If you have a disc drive, try to boot to hexen or the OG flasher. You should be able to rebuild the dash over FTP then.

I really recommend a fresh format. And build from either scratch or Hazeno's pre-built pack. You may be able to get by with building your dash correctly and making sure your ini file is correct.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:00 PM, nbaj said:

That worked, but now I get Error 13, can't boot dashboard due to missing key

It's a 2tb xbox origins via backups

Did you put the cerbios.ini file on c drive ?

I just tried to boot my 2tb Origins HDD using Cerbios 2.2.0 without the config file on C drive and it wouldn't boot

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you put the cerbios.ini file on c drive ?

I just tried to boot my 2tb Origins HDD using Cerbios 2.2.0 without the config file on C drive and it wouldn't boot

Cheers

SS Dave

Origins is an image. I was under the impression that i would use HDD raw copy to copy the image to a 2tb hdd

How would i access the C drive?

fatxplorer can't open the hdd

23 minutes ago, nbaj said:

Origins is an image. I was under the impression that i would use HDD raw copy to copy the image to a 2tb hdd

How would i access the C drive?

fatxplorer can't open the hdd

Did you get the latest version and not the old Xbox360 version

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/2022/08/09/fatxplorer-3-0-beta-22-16-tb-xbox-360-internal-hdd-support-updated-usb-patches/

I have used this version to look at the files on my 2tb HDD that was made from the ISO file that you would have used.

Other wise you could use the Ogxbox installer v1.5.4 from here to cold boot ( Load the DVD in the drive and power down the Xbox for 30 seconds and then power on again )  the Xbox then while the installer disk is running then you can FTP the config file to the Xbox C Drive.

The OGXbox installer can be found here

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you get the latest version and not the old Xbox360 version

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/2022/08/09/fatxplorer-3-0-beta-22-16-tb-xbox-360-internal-hdd-support-updated-usb-patches/

I have used this version to look at the files on my 2tb HDD that was made from the ISO file that you would have used.

Other wise you could use the Ogxbox installer v1.5.4 from here to cold boot ( Load the DVD in the drive and power down the Xbox for 30 seconds and then power on again )  the Xbox then while the installer disk is running then you can FTP the config file to the Xbox C Drive.

The OGXbox installer can be found here

Cheers

SS Dave

I have the latest fatxplorer. This is what i get when i load the drive. Either option shows partition X only, with nothing on it

Guess i will try the OGxbox installer

pics.JPG

33 minutes ago, nbaj said:

I have the latest fatxplorer. This is what i get when i load the drive. Either option shows partition X only, with nothing on it

Guess i will try the OGxbox installer

pics.JPG

With that warning I would think the HDD is not formatted for a Xbox. Are all the drives ( C, E, F, G ) on the 2tb readable in windows explorer?

Cheers

SS Dave

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

With that warning I would think the HDD is not formatted for a Xbox. Are all the drives ( C, E, F, G ) on the 2tb readable in windows explorer?

Cheers

SS Dave

I was under the impression that the origins is an image. Use hdd raw tool to put in on a 2tb hdd which is easy to do

Does HDD raw tool format the drive automatically?

If i use fatxplorer to format the drive creating partitions, then hdd raw tool will wipe out those partitions

No matter which option i choose (remove partitions or not) there is no C,E, F, G partitions

Somehow, i need to get a dashboard installed

HDD raw should have formatted the new HDD into Fatx so the Xbox could use that drive as the ISO file is an image of the complete working Xbox drive.

From memory I selected the ISO image then selected the source hard drive and then let it do it's thing and it took about 18 hours on my old Dell desktop.

I would use any PC partition program and remove all the partitions and then do a quick format of the 2tb HDD  before trying the ISO file again, The origins Image does work so it sounds like something went amiss when you where extracting the IMG file 

Your other option is to use a install disk and make your own HDD from scratch but you will have to find all the games and apps to copy to the new HDD.

What size is the ISO image file?

Cheers

SS Dave

20 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

HDD raw should have formatted the new HDD into Fatx so the Xbox could use that drive as the ISO file is an image of the complete working Xbox drive.

From memory I selected the ISO image then selected the source hard drive and then let it do it's thing and it took about 18 hours on my old Dell desktop.

I would use any PC partition program and remove all the partitions and then do a quick format of the 2tb HDD  before trying the ISO file again, The origins Image does work so it sounds like something went amiss when you where extracting the IMG file 

Your other option is to use a install disk and make your own HDD from scratch but you will have to find all the games and apps to copy to the new HDD.

What size is the ISO image file?

Cheers

SS Dave

Mine is not an ISO, via backups

origins.JPG

16 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Does the original hard drive work with it?  Did you already mention if it did or not?

What color is the insulation on the ribbon cable?

I tossed the old hdd

This is the ribbon i use

24" 40-Pin 80-Wire Ultra ATA 2-Drive Ribbon Cable, Manhattan 332781

51jWC2JCHWL._AC_SL1035_.jpg

59 minutes ago, nbaj said:

Mine is not an ISO, via backups

origins.JPG

My mistake so is mine but it's a different size.

PXL-20230127-070543337.jpg

As Fatxplorer is upset about that HDD I would say the drive is corrupted.

I would remove all partitions and then format in windows the use the OGXBox installer V1.5.4 disk from here 

to set up that HDD  or you could try using this tutorial to make a new HDD on you PC

https://www.hazeno.com/guides/fatxplorer-2tb-preload

If the Xbox works then you could try downloading a new copy of the Origins file and start again

Did you download the extra files that replace some of the parts that where corrupt?

Cheers

SS Dave

16 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

My mistake so is mine but it's a different size.

PXL-20230127-070543337.jpg

As Fatxplorer is upset about that HDD I would say the drive is corrupted.

I would remove all partitions and then format in windows the use the OGXBox installer V1.5.4 disk from here 

to set up that HDD  or you could try using this tutorial to make a new HDD on you PC

https://www.hazeno.com/guides/fatxplorer-2tb-preload

If the Xbox works then you could try downloading a new copy of the Origins file and start again

Did you download the extra files that replace some of the parts that where corrupt?

Cheers

SS Dave

I started over and used fatxplorer to format and create partitions with no issues

Then ran HDD raw tool which deleted all the partitions and wrote origins to the HDD

I don't see any partitions to remove
I did not download anything extra

2 hours ago, nbaj said:

No matter formatting the HDD, once i run HDD raw copy, it will delete any partitions created

I did not install any extra files

It looks like there is one part.   number 0574 it's a 900 meg file

origins.png

I would use a program like EaseUS partition master to remove any Xbox partitions and that way any other program thinks the HDD is brand new.

Cheers

SS Dave