OGXbox.com

Hi Noob Here

claforet

Hi, I found some original xbox from junk and I thought it would be cool if could make it work. It seems to be missing a hard drive and when I turn it on it blinks green three times then alternates orange and red lights. I don't know much about xbox but I would like to learn whatever I can from this community. :)

The green and orange lights possibly mean that the a/v cable isn't connected, as for the hard drive, if you don't have the original you might just have an xbox for parts only. The hard drive is locked via the bios. I think you might be able to do the TSOP flash then soft mod with a new hard drive... but I'm not sure...

After TSOP modding, you don't install a softmod.  

TSOP is considered a hardmod like a modchip installation.  The Xbox boots a modified BIOS that disables security features MS built into the stock BIOS.

You install a softmod or hardmod, not both at the same time. If you softmod then TSOP you remove the softmod files (cleanup the HDD after TSOP flashing using Hexen 2018 disc).

You can build a new HDD using XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or Beta 3.

With Beta 2, you'll need to add the MS dashboard files into the provided C and E folders.

With Beta 3, nothing to add.  Run it to build the drive with a no-original-game-disc-required of Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool installer.  Lock the drive with the eeprom.bin backup. Reinstall it in the console and boot the Xbox.  Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the softmod installation.

XboxHDM23USB requires the HDD to be connected to the PC with a USB-to-IDE, SATA or combo IDE and SATA adapter. 

To softmod, the HDD has to be locked.  A security feature of hard drives that MS used to prevent easily swapping HDDs from one Xbox to another.

To lock the HDD, you need to read the 256 bytes from the 8-pin serial EEPROM on the motherboard.

Items needed, either:

- a PC with a serial port, an Xbox EEPROM reader/writer and Lancos' PonyProg software. 

- or, a Raspberry Pi and PiPROM software.

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 3 weeks later...

i believe there is another way around this. and feel free to correct me if im wrong. if he can solder wouldn't it be just a cheap to buy an alladin chip and throw it in there and rebuild from there? unless he knows for a fact that he has a tsop that has been done correctly? that way hdd is negated?