OGXbox.com

Xbox Slim Case Design

ShinGoutetsu

So as you may know i've already designed 2 different xbox mini cases and I'm also working on a full replacement case.

This design sits in between these two, it loses the DVD rom and uses a 2.5" HDD/SSD instead of the full sized HDD. It also keeps the original PSU.

The lid incorporates ducting to guide air over the heatsinks and also holds the HDD/SSD.

Sttill a work in progress but heres a quick look so far:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, localgamerz said:

Now this is pretty cool, I've been working on one myself, though its slow progress as i work 2 other jobs right now. I've got the model done. main thing I've been trying to figure out is how to power the xbox without the psu inside.

You could always put it in a box externally, like the 360 started. You’d have to add some long wires connecting to the Mobo and the HDD, but seems fairly doable. Insulate the wires coming out of the back of the case to the PSU box and plug it in like normal. Downside is having a hard wired PSU. 

Edited by MadMartigan

• 5 months later...

Almost done, thinking about creating a PCB to attach the 4 controller ports, 3 x 3mm LED's and a power button.

I've never created PCB's before so this will be difficult. I need to know what connectors are used for the power eject and controller ports, could someone tell me?

Edit: apparently they are PHDR-10VS for the power/eject and PHDR-12VS for the controller ports.

1133271650_XboxSlimv2v45.png

Edited by ShinGoutetsu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meh, PCB design isn't my thing but I think this might work for top layer and then have the data pins (both sets of green and white) for the controller ports on the bottom layer.

Maybe use the other grounds for the led negative leads.

The controller breakaway connectors would solder to the board either side, not sure that's a good idea really

slim pcb top.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Not sure if it’s the fact I’ve been drunk for the last 48hrs… but not able to follow… but if I can… I’d be able to help if ya want.  I should be sober by Monday :) (currently in Vegas)

I'd really appreciate the help, for now enjoy Vegas man 

7 minutes ago, PRince404 said:

Wait, why is there a need to design a Custom PCB for the Controller Ports?

Are you using custom ports? Because I thought the Originals would Fit without the Metal housing the sit in.

Or am I missing something?

This "slim" case design uses the breakaway part of the controller cable for the controller ports.

My full case design will use the stock controller ports.

By adding the power button, controller ports and led's to a pcb it makes everything pretty much plug and play.

The oled display will use a 'backpack' addon to allow a connector and cable to run to the openxenium.

Edited by ShinGoutetsu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:55 AM, ShinGoutetsu said:

This "slim" case design uses the breakaway part of the controller cable for the controller ports.

My full case design will use the stock controller ports.

By adding the power button, controller ports and led's to a pcb it makes everything pretty much plug and play.

The oled display will use a 'backpack' addon to allow a connector and cable to run to the openxenium.

Man, I WANT the breakaway cable... any way to design a breakaway breakaway cable? lol. Better make sure you have an original controller... My 3rd party controller has no breakaway... Lame. Although, 3rd party controllers suck anyway. Can't even use them in cromwells... CAN WE FIX THAT SHIT ALREADY!? lol

This is SICK though

On 7/13/2023 at 7:47 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Man, I WANT the breakaway cable... any way to design a breakaway breakaway cable? 

I suppose it would just be a male to female adapter, straightforward enough.

I'll be using an internal ogx360 in this anyway, the ports are only there for things that actually require a wired controller.

Some of the components have arrived for the pcb, I'll spend this weekend wrestling with kicad lol.

20230712_190652.jpg

Edited by ShinGoutetsu

1 minute ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

I suppose it would just be a male to female adapter, straightforward enough.

I'll be using an internal ogx360 in this anyway, the ports are only there for things that actually require a wired controller

Fair enough. I could get used to that for using the case design.