OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

I feel like that could be done if you use a switch. you wouldnt even have to isolate your 4 ports. I could draw up a diagram for this idea, but as ryzee said, you can hardwire this to all 4 ports and as long as you have no wireless controllers connected, you'd be able to use your ports. The relay and switch idea would work but it wouldnt really be anything that you couldnt do without the string of 4 relays on this grounding switch too. The concept is great for a wireless receiver or a dvd dongle pcb because these dont disconnect, ever, but because the ogx360 disconnects the usb when nothing is connected, the efforts are too great for a switch that does what you can already do without it.

If i was going to build one in internally, i think i would just hardwire all 4 arduinos and then install an external usb so i could change between my 360 receiver and my 8bitdo receiver. I dont think i would go with my previous diagram of relaying the arduino's after Ryzee reminded me that they disconnect when nothing is synced to them. If the arduinos didnt disconnect though, this would be the perfect way to build them in, with a switch.
The only real thing that the relay string on the switch would do would be to protect you from connecting 2 devices to the same port at the same time. the xbox doesnt know what to do when it happens and it usually locks up the port until you reset the box.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Anarchy42085
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

What about a DPDT to also power off the OGX360 at the same time?

You could do something like that if you wanted to, but i dont see a point in turning off the power to the ogx360. It's definitely doable but each arduino gets power from each port, and arduino number one powers the ogx360 board. it would have to be a switch in all the red lines between all the arduino's and the motherboard to fully power it down, or just a switch in number one to power down arduino one and the ogx360 board. It seems like a crazy amount of switching for nothing..

Edited by Anarchy42085

Btw, the red and yellow lines that come off of the switch, in this picture, are 5v hot,and ground only when the wireless is on. By hooking up an LED to this switch, you could have a wireless indicator light too. The light would turn off when you flip the switch to the ports because it would turn both sides into ground. (Added optional LED to the diagram)

Edited by Anarchy42085

@TEK Nemesis, your switch idea really got me thinking about this tonight. I've been wondering how i would hardwire one of these ogx360 boards in. Even though Ryzee said that you can hardwire it without a relay, how do you hardwire on a port that already has something hardwired and relayed. thats where your relay switch idea comes in. it was the last piece to my puzzle. I've finally got it mapped out for my next build. Thought i would share the final diagram with you, i know you've messed with the xerc and built in IR dongle already and are probably trying to figure out this same thing. Now this is all just "in theory" but it looks ok to me. Feel free to leave input if something looks wrong.

OGX360_4_port_relay_with_MS_dvd.png.af959e2488a9d3149f017c7c16502f04.png

Edited by Anarchy42085
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, jlb said:

How much would it cost?

https://etsy.com/au/listing/682458413

9 minutes ago, Anarchy42085 said:

your switch idea really got me thinking about this tonight. I've been wondering how i would hardwire one of these ogx360 boards in. Even though Ryzee said that you can hardwire it without a relay, how do you hardwire on a port that already has something hardwired and relayed.

You're right, that's where it gets tricky :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anarchy42085 said:

Feel free to leave input if something looks wrong.

To be honest, I don't think I could do any more mods unless I use at least six relays for it.  This one has only five.  LOL! 

I have stock for this so I will definitely be trying something once my OGX360 arrives.  Thank you so much, @Anarchy42085.  I know you love doing up these drawings and I can see that you put your heart into it.  I think we are in an exciting time again with the OG Xbox.  (BTW, I just ordered a bunch of RAM so I'm going to be doing that upgrade shortly too.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I know you love doing up these drawings and I can see that you put your heart into it.  I think we are in an exciting time again with the OG Xbox.

These drawing really help me for reference when i sit down to mod a box. The first draft of that hk3ff-dc5v-shg relay was on a 3x5 notecard. It takes a lot of studying in different places and experience to put some of this stuff together, I used to have 4 or 5 different pics i would put up on my monitors to get through a relay mod. A diagram like this is not the kind of stuff you can just google, but its a priceless tool. You gotta put heart into those kinds of tools.

I've been at this hobby for 15+ years and only recently connected with a community on any forum. I've been a member of several, but never posted. Its really fun to get on a place like this to connect with and learn from others that know more about xbox and build with them. it's even more fun to teach people that haven't been doing this that long, and grow with them as well. This particular diagram took all the other diagrams I've made in the past and got crazy though. I've never relayed all 4 ports before, never had a reason to before the ogx360. I am really excited to see this one executed in a box. If you beat me to it, you're required to send me a video, lol :)

My hats really off to the people on this site though. @Ryzee119 for this OGX360, And @Rocky5 for the XBMC4gamers (i mean self installing media!!! Over the INTERNET??!?!?! COME ON!! Thats amazing!!), Frank and his custom etched jewels or that wii2hdmi adapter, @bluemeanie23 spinning up gerbers for old mod chips and mod PCBs, and that case for the ogx360. I never thought i would see this kind of stuff on this system, especially so many years later.
This really is a very exciting and innovative time to be a part of the OG xbox modding community.

Edited by Anarchy42085
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

To be honest, I don't think I could do any more mods unless I use at least six relays for it.  This one has only five.  LOL!

One of my best friends just looked over the diagram and wants it. This is the same friend who is getting ready to go 6tb on his xtender. He wants the relay pack i put on that to control RGB lights by which hard drive you select too, so that'll be 8 relays in one box. lol51757384_408803719692927_6330281314649899008_n.thumb.jpg.407e5855a0198e743abc11b59f73b520.jpg

• Like 1

Here Is the one i worked on today. I think this is the best one yet and probably the best way to execute this plan. This one takes the isolation of any port out of the equation and puts all control on the spdt rocker switch. I like that this one can be done without isolating ports. Thats a real pain in the "you know what".

I will keep the folder updated if i build more in the future but i dont see it getting better than this one

Here is a link to the folder where all the the data on this diagramming can be found: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RyqyB42XzIUHupb7ZMqJmVH6tJKyBwMU?usp=sharing

Ver 1.2 -  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y78bsHmv4kXRY3K8yHJFUnYD03L8Cjgu/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Anarchy42085
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:04 AM, TEK Nemesis said:

@Anarchy42085  Guess what?  We didn't factor in a solution for a wired Xbox 360 Controller which can be connected to port 1 of the OGX360.  Do I hear a 6th relay calling?  LOL!

This mod would be easy on an X3CP.  USB Port A could be for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver and USB Port B could be used for the optional wired Xbox 360 controller.  How cool would that be?

image.png.44f35bb93b7048cc6275f25ade4c1712.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Guess what?  We didn't factor in a solution for a wired Xbox 360 Controller which can be connected to port 1 of the OGX360.  Do I hear a 6th relay calling?  LOL

Lol, NO MORE RELAYS!!!!
The wired Xbox 360 controller plugs into the receiver side of the OGX360, not the Arduino side.That's why I got the USB extension with the external, flush mount usb port on the diagrams. You would plug in your MS 360 receiver, your 8bitdo receiver, or your wired 360 controller to this added flush mount.

3 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

This mod would be easy on an X3CP.  USB Port A could be for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver and USB Port B could be used for the optional wired Xbox 360 controller.

I would need to get the wiring diagram on the X3cp usb pcb from @bluemeanie23 to be able to diagram out X3CP integration  Any alterations you make to that system will cause you to lose original functionality though.  I personally have avoided messing with ports that have that USB attached to it. My 6tb X3CP has the built in MS-Ir dongle on port 2 because of this. If i had the schematics on that pcb though, I could see some kind of integration, I just personally would not want to mod the X3CP like that. The X3CP is the kind of part that i would want to keep running in it's full, original, intended purposes. Essentially they are just USB ports though, They could be disconnected from the X3CP' wiring and you could wire one up for the receiver on the OGX360.

Xbox USB Wiring Diagrams.jpg

Edited by Anarchy42085
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anarchy42085 said:

The wired Xbox 360 controller plugs into the receiver side of the OGX360

Oh, I did not know this.  That makes sense.  Maybe one day I'll get my hands on an OGX360 so that I'll know its ins and outs too.  LOL!

Regarding the X3CP USB ports, I've never used them.  I am on the fence whether I want to just tap into them for this mod or not.  It's a nice and clean solution with using it though. 

Edited by TEK Nemesis
  • Like 1

Hey @TEK Nemesis, Have you looked at my google drive yet today? Last nights work on the diagrams really brought it to a level of finely tuned completion. I am ready for @Ryzee119 To add them to his Github now. Check it out. The versions changed and i added a couple more versions that were idea's that i put aside during the building process. I also updated the one i made for you a few months back. Look in the "origins of the idea" folder. Check out that google drive. It's nice now!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RyqyB42XzIUHupb7ZMqJmVH6tJKyBwMU?usp=sharing

Edited by Anarchy42085

I saw them earlier today.  I watch your developments like a hawk these days.  LOL!  They look great and thanks for the tip of the hat.  I've got so many components due in from all over the world but they all have their own delays.  Xbox memory chips arrived yesterday though and I'm trying @Cian Cunningham's cable mod shortly plus @N64 freak's internal HDMI magic is inbound as well.  I'm going to need to get a second job soon though.  LOL!

Edited by TEK Nemesis
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anarchy42085 said:

Lol, NO MORE RELAYS!!!!
The wired Xbox 360 controller plugs into the receiver side of the OGX360, not the Arduino side.That's why I got the USB extension with the external, flush mount usb port on the diagrams. You would plug in your MS 360 receiver, your 8bitdo receiver, or your wired 360 controller to this added flush mount.

I would need to get the wiring diagram on the X3cp usb pcb from @bluemeanie23 to be able to diagram out X3CP integration  Any alterations you make to that system will cause you to lose original functionality though.  I personally have avoided messing with ports that have that USB attached to it. My 6tb X3CP has the built in MS-Ir dongle on port 2 because of this. If i had the schematics on that pcb though, I could see some kind of integration, I just personally would not want to mod the X3CP like that. The X3CP is the kind of part that i would want to keep running in it's full, original, intended purposes. Essentially they are just USB ports though, They could be disconnected from the X3CP' wiring and you could wire one up for the receiver on the OGX360.

Xbox USB Wiring Diagrams.jpg

if theres any other x3cp gerbers or info needed just let me know mate 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...