OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

I am actually a little worried.. Will more of these be available in the future, or will this be some super rare thing that only the few of us who had the insight to purchase directly will have. It would be nice to have a larger set available out on the marketplace. Also concerned if it dies for some reason will not be able to get another.

7 hours ago, Xbox4rl said:

I am actually a little worried.. Will more of these be available in the future, or will this be some super rare thing that only the few of us who had the insight to purchase directly will have. It would be nice to have a larger set available out on the marketplace. Also concerned if it dies for some reason will not be able to get another.

Ill still be active in the community. 'a while' is probably a few months. Just so i can focus on some other projects! Its also fully open source and I am definitely not the only person who can and have made them.

26 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

@Ryzee119  Is your source code for the Arduino open source?  If not, would you consider it?  Thank you.

Already on my github page. Check out the firmware folder for compilation instructions. Compiled with Atmel Studio

https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360/tree/master/Firmware/ogx360_32u4/ogx360_32u4

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Your code is very easy to read, @Ryzee119.  I like how you have added the #ifdef inside the switch statements too.  I have never see that done before, probably because I never needed to worry about writing efficient code.  LOL.

Hahaha dont go through my code too  closely 😂 it started off reasonably neat but got out of hand with the controller additions. Lots of state machines and all non blocking code to keep input lag as low as possible

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2019 at 10:15 AM, mazdababy said:

I haven't seen where he's mentioned making an internalized "version".... but it seems to be very easily internalized yourself.

My plan is to solder all four micro USB cables to the the motherboard at the underside of the two controller port headers. This would leave all four ports usable.

Then I'd either add a USB port at rear of Xbox, or remove upper shielding and internalize the Xbox 360 receiver with a tact switch at the rear of the xbox extended from the receiver to sync controllers.

I’ve soldered internal wireless controller from the Madcatz controllers of the glory days. When you do this, it still renders the external port you used useless. 

Sorry for bad news. But I’m for one of these 360 adapters! All the OG Xbox controllers feel clunky to me now... Except the Street Fighter Arcade Stick setup! I’ll use until the day I die! 

Does it work with the Chinese knock off wireless receiver? Original Xbox receivers are getting harder to find   :(

Given up waiting for one of my suppliers to get stock of  my missing components from the order I placed  so gonna reorder elsewhere. 

To cap it all my delivery of wireless connectors has disappeared, tracking stops at Heathrow airport mail sorting. That was 3 weeks ago. Gotta wait another week till I can claim on my insurer for the loss. Then I have to reorder.

12 hours ago, SUPERMAN31170 said:

I’ve soldered internal wireless controller from the Madcatz controllers of the glory days. When you do this, it still renders the external port you used useless. 

Sorry for bad news.

I've done that with Logitech controllers in the past. I think it's been answered since I originally asked (or maybe on the Facebook Xbox group), but with this set up, that's not true to my understanding. The port will be usable so long a controller is not connected to the receiver for that port. 

For example, 360 controller paired to port 1, you may still use wired on ports 2, 3, & 4 even though all four are wired for wireless.

Edited by mazdababy

1 hour ago, mazdababy said:

I've done that with Logitech controllers in the past. I think it's been answered since I originally asked (or maybe on the Facebook Xbox group), but with this set up, that's not true to my understanding. The port will be usable so long a controller is not connected to the receiver for that port. 

For example, 360 controller paired to port 1, you may still use wired on ports 2, 3, & 4 even though all four are wired for wireless.

Nice! 

2 hours ago, mazdababy said:

Do you have any instructional material for this mod?  I'm interested in attempting it.  Thank you.  (Maybe create a new thread about it so that this one stays cleaner for Ryzee119's topic.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Do you have any instructional material for this mod?  I'm interested in attempting it.  Thank you.  (Maybe create a new thread about it so that this one stays cleaner for Ryzee119's topic.)

I second that request please!

this is good stuff to keep this thing alive after all these years. Rooting through old stuff I found 3 new Xenium chips from days of old. One being the ultra rare still in sealed pack Xenium Gold that was their last Xbox design. Plated in 18K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, SUPERMAN31170 said:

It doesnt render the port useless if you put a 5v relay on it. I build all of my boxes with built in dvd dongle pcb's on port 4 with a relay. It switches the data line away from the DVD pcb to the port only when you plug something into it and complete the ground circuit. The method works great, ask @TEK Nemesis, he's recently mastered this technique.  This relay would easily work on a built in wireless controller receiver or even building the OGX360 board into the box, on all 4 channels. 4 individual relays would maintaining function of the 4 ports on the face of the box.

PM me for the info, I dont wanna clutter Ryzee's thread with my Xerc install diagram but i would be happy to share and answer questions on relayed port switching

Edited by Tony Kuberka
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DarKnight said:

Any chance this will work with Xbox one wireless controllers in the future too?

With the 8bitdo adaptor it now supports one xbone controller over bluetooth.

It also supports wired xbox one 1st party controllers with alternative firmware on my github.

Writing a custom driver for the official xbox one receiver is extremely complex and I havnt worked it out yet 

Most likely, in the future it may support generic bluetooth dongles but thats not simple either

On 4/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, Anarchy42085 said:

Here is a quick diagram for hard wiring the OGX360 with relays.

Thanks for the diagram. That would work nicely.

I have the advantage of being able to completely disable the USB interface on the Arduino when a wireless controller is disconnected. The firmware already does this. (Triggers the 'please reconnect controller' menu if you turn the wireless controller off)

So I believe a relay isnt required. Just tap into the usb bus data lines and ensure the wireless controller is turned off before plugging in an original controller. Ive done some basic testing with success.

• Like 2