OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

29 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Is there potential that you could simply remove the components from inside the MS receiver and install them into an enclosed plastic case with your board?

Sure why not. Still need to plug the receiver into the USB port or solder the wires from the receiver to behind the usb port for a smaller finish.

Add a hole to access the sync button and it should work fine.

• Like 2

https://mega.nz/#!79lkRCDZ!WcDRWjnYFfR8U2j5I8tN8G3IIa-aKAbxvVsmtPItriw

3d printed case and lid for ryzee119's OGX360

print details

layer height 1-2mm

infil 20%-100% any where in between still prints fine but 100% is more sturdy 

4-6 solid bottem layers

4-6 perimeter shells

4-6 solid top layers 

215c extruder temp

65c bed temp

#the Case does need to print with supports#

A big shout out to ryzee119 for all his hard work 🍻🍻🍻 

IMG_20190317_135034.jpg

IMG_20190317_135043.jpg

IMG_20190317_135049.jpg

IMG_20190317_135057.jpg

IMG_20190317_135026.jpg

• Like 4

Nicely done.

Once I get my workshop straight Im planning to start the internal solution, with 3D printed bits where needed.

The boards came back from the fabricators bundled up with my boards for my Amiga project days ago.....

Still waiting on some components for the build. The pain is, some for the board are here but nothing I can install with out causing problems later, same goes for the Amiga boards.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, big F said:

Nicely done.

Once I get my workshop straight Im planning to start the internal solution, with 3D printed bits where needed.

The boards came back from the fabricators bundled up with my boards for my Amiga project days ago.....

Still waiting on some components for the build. The pain is, some for the board are here but nothing I can install with out causing problems later, same goes for the Amiga 

that sounds like a bloody good idea mate. ahhh the snail mail waiting game I've played this one a few times 

it's quite painful 

Well here are my boards patiently waiting the delivery of the components. May well start the mock up process without them though since I can calculate the size with everything soldered on. Plus no worries for static on an empty board.

E759A89E-CD05-43BE-8D0B-F597AD1CEDE1.jpeg

They are white as the rest of my order is also white. It should look great in my clear Xbox :)

Edited by big F
  • Like 4

This is a simple case that I put together which I just got laser cut.
3mm acrylic sheets laser cut using cap head screws and hex standoffs. Ogx360 is supported with thick double sided foam adhesive tape.

I probably won't sell them as the logistics are too hard for me at the moment, but I will upload the DWG files to my github soon for laser cutting from your local hackerspace or online

20190317_083834.jpg

ogx360caseRyzee119.pdf

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

@big F That white 😍, just need matching Arduino modules somehow

Yeah that would be awesome. I’m unsure why this has never been an option already. For the price that you can buy them at the likes of AliExpress. They mint them out on panels dozens at a time. It wouldn’t cost anymore.

The couple of companies I use for board fabbing don’t really care what colour you want the board finished in, they are more interested in Gold finishing or assembling it for you. 

There is IMO a whole market there for coloured boards, it’s only laminate lacquer after all. 

I can go to the local DIY store with a piece of cloth, soil or what ever and they can match it and make me some paint, so why not with pcbs etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big F said:

Yeah that would be awesome. I’m unsure why this has never been an option already. For the price that you can buy them at the likes of AliExpress. They mint them out on panels dozens at a time. It wouldn’t cost anymore.

Im sure there is a seller on Ali who would do a run of a custom colour for you. Although the MOQ might be a bit
My quote for a custom Xbox to MicroUSB cable for this project was MOQ of 1000 units ($840 USD FYI) never proceeded with the quote.

Edited by Ryzee119

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the 8bitdo adaptor only supports one controller at a time. If I go to sync another it just drops the first one.. Looks like this will be one player only.

(Unless you use a USB hub and multiple 8bitdo adapters, which should work in theory but untested)

I will post an update here when ive finished testing and added it to github. Just a firmware update required to existing units.