OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

50 minutes ago, Jonathon Trahan said:

now if only we could get it to turn on and off the console for us lol

it should receive current from another source other than USB ports, also should be enough to figure how to bridge ON/OFF contacts (when needed) from the front panel, I guess. But this thing is way more complex, as it's not a native controller. Looking forward to Ryzee's answer to this.

Edited by neighbor

Well it would be quite simple to use the spare GPIO and have them activate on some button combo.

If the gpio pin is wired accordingly these could be used to turn on/off LEDs, eject the dvd tray and maybe turn OFF the console.

But to turn ON, neighbor is right, it would need some 5V supply from somewhere which is available when th4 xbox is in standby. The board draws about 100mA, so the standby current would increase by the same amount. Bit more tricky so would need to give that extra thought.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ryzee119 said:

Well it would be quite simple to use the spare GPIO and have them activate on some button combo.

If the gpio pin is wired accordingly these could be used to turn on/off LEDs, eject the dvd tray and maybe turn OFF the console.

But to turn ON, neighbor is right, it would need some 5V supply from somewhere which is available when th4 xbox is in standby. The board draws about 100mA, so the standby current would increase by the same amount. Bit more tricky so would need to give that extra thought.

Possibly a small boost converter from the 3.3v line? Also, how possible would it be to repurpose this to work with xbox one controllers?

23 minutes ago, Jonathon Trahan said:

Also, how possible would it be to repurpose this to work with xbox one controllers?

I already have firmware which supports wired Xbox one on my github.

The wireless Xbox one receiver is very complex so I have not been able to write my own driver for it

Adding a Bluetooth dongle may be the best way but I haven't got it working yet.

So the answer is it is possible.

• Like 1

I am currently waiting on delivery of my boards got most of the components ready. I only got enough fabbed  so my boxes and a friends can have this mod.

my plan is to see if i can make a solution to add it internally, hoping to be able to provide a 3d printable bracket type thing. Hopefully i wont need to use dollops of hot glue instead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, big F said:

I am currently waiting on delivery of my boards got most of the components ready. I only got enough fabbed  so my boxes and a friends can have this mod.

my plan is to see if i can make a solution to add it internally, hoping to be able to provide a 3d printable bracket type thing. Hopefully i wont need to use dollops of hot glue instead.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with with!

2 hours ago, bluemeanie23 said:

nice. btw, had an idea some time ago, to create a small circuit with IR led, button and a chip which will just reproduce the same command which XERC 2 will recognize as ON/OFF, and install that small thing into the Xbox controller. It will take me some time to make it real, because I have no skill at this, maybe you would be interested to create such thing?

Edited by neighbor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bluemeanie23 said:

Sweet man, thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, neighbor said:

nice. btw, had an idea some time ago, to create a small circuit with IR led, button and a chip which will just reproduce the same command which XERC 2 will recognize as ON/OFF, and install that small thing into the Xbox controller. It will take me some time to make it real, because I have no skill at this, maybe you would be interested to create such thing?

Yep if you could integrate an IR transmitter with the right signals into an x360 wireless controller (or any controller I guess) + xerc2 in the console it could work.

• Like 1