OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

32 minutes ago, G-Money said:

Got my adapter working on my XBOX.....AMAZING!  Ryzee's work is top notch.  I played some games and it works smother than the original.  I will internalize the install, and post a video soon.

Awesome! Make your own or one I sent you through etsy? Thanks for the comment!

Edited by Ryzee119

15 hours ago, Ryzee119 said:

Awesome! Make your own or one I sent you through etsy? Thanks for the comment!

I used the one you sent me.  Internal install.  I installed it under the DVD with double sided tape, and hot glued the top of the chip so it would not spark on anything.  (If you are using a Philips DVD Drive, this will not work because of the bump under the drive) Then I attached the sensor to the right side of the xbox, by controller ports 3 and 4.  Looks great.  I'll post pics soon.

Edited by G-Money
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

Awesome build! Certainly very unique :D 

How'd you connect it to the controller ports internally?

Cheers
R(eye)-zee119 with an aussie accent

So I cut the player 1-2 wires that go into the ports, and soldered them into the Micro USB plugs (same ones you used), and installed your board under the DVD Drive.,

Edited by G-Money
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

Got mine a few days ago. Works great.

I noticed that several pins are not soldered on the player 2 module. I'm guessing those aren't needed for the slave modules then and I can ignore them when installing modules 3 & 4?

Great to hear!

You are correct, not many pins are required for the slave modules. These are the bare minimum for player 3  and 4 (looking from the top). I tried to do the corners as well to give it a bit of extra strength.

Capture1.JPG

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, G-Money said:

So I cut the player 1-2 wires that go into the ports, and soldered them into the Micro USB plugs (same ones you used), and installed your board under the DVD Drive.,

So wired controllers aren't usable anymore? At least for me that method with switch would be better so I can use both wired and wireless controllers.

2 hours ago, evertonstz said:

So wired controllers aren't usable anymore? At least for me that method with switch would be better so I can use both wired and wireless controllers.

Player 1+2 are not usable anymore (wired) with my method.  Only 360.  Player 3+4 are still wired.  Curious to see how you would do what you are suggesting with the limited space inside.

Edited by G-Money

Hello Ryzee119,

I want to thank you for this wonderful mod. I received my card today and I already fell in love with it. (Ordered on Etsy)
Until now I was using a Logitech wireless controller, but I do not think it will ever come out of the drawer again!
The response times are excellent, the simplicity of use reduced to a bare minimum, it's just perfect.
A huge thank you to you

I think now that I will order the necessary to be able to connect 4 joysticks and to see to internalize all the system in the console (including the receiver 360 which has a very good range). I have to find room, it will certainly pass a 2.5 "hard drive.

Is it possible to split each USB port, on one side to connect the arduino module and on the other side the original port of the controller? This way the console ports would remain functional.

PS: Sorry for my English, but I'm French and I do not speak English very well, so this is a Google Translate

• Like 1

Thanks Champ71! Glad it's working well for you :)

21 hours ago, Champ71 said:

Is it possible to split each USB port, on one side to connect the arduino module and on the other side the original port of the controller? This way the console ports would remain functional.

So I think I know what you mean. Basically if the wireless controller is not synced, the ogx360 USB hardware is disabled, so if you splice the arduino module into the back of the controller port somehow without impacting the wires going to the xbox motherboard, you can still just plug a controller into the controller port as you normally would provided the wireless controller is turned off.
I wasn't 100% sure this would work, but I just did some testing and it works fine :)

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 1

Wow, I haven't logged in here in a while and I just saw this for the first time now. Good for you man, this is a wonderful little beast and it's great to see how well the community is embracing it:) I got a long list of mods I'd like to do and an internal install of this is definitely on the list, and not near the bottom either. I hope you sell a ton of these!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abazz009 said:

you made it on hack a day 

Must've been a quiet news days xD

1 hour ago, Daver80 said:

Wow, I haven't logged in here in a while and I just saw this for the first time now. Good for you man, this is a wonderful little beast and it's great to see how well the community is embracing it:) I got a long list of mods I'd like to do and an internal install of this is definitely on the list, and not near the bottom either. I hope you sell a ton of these!

Thank you! The og xbox community have been great!  :x

• Like 1

Received mine the other day, and looking forward to try it. Just waiting for a receiver to arrive, and some mivro usb connectors.

Anyone with the skills, considered making a external case for this that can be 3d printed? Would love having it in a nice case external so I could use it for several boxes. Maybe and internal mod later.

Sent from my 16th using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

Anyone with the skills, considered making a external case for this that can be 3d printed? Would love having it in a nice case external so I could use it for several boxes. Maybe and internal mod later.

If anyone does do this and is willing to share it, let me know and I will happily add it to my github, full credits to the creator ofcourse! I don't own a 3d printer and have zero experience in them so I know whatever I make will have issues xD

wow this is an amazing project, sign me up, i hate the logitech. only thing is the chip outside of the system? can it be installed inside?

It sure can be installed on the inside, but there will be some work. Need to solder to the controller ports for USB. Also if you want the receiver inside, you will have to solve how to use the sync button on it. But it is far from impossible.

Sent from my 16th using Tapatalk