OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, C64MidRezzie said:

I’m after 2 player - I need one from the UK if possible 

Send a message to N64 freak(located in Germany) he has a plug and play 2 player system you just add the MS usb wireless receiver. 

IMG_20200204_120029.thumb.jpg.01ebb35e2aa23d58090254d5a9b813bf.jpg  This the interface from Lukas

And this is what I am thinking of using of the next install.

IMG_20200309_075601.thumb.jpg.5a563aee0cd16df864be0a199dc488bb.jpg

Port 4                                        Port 3

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 4:01 PM, TeleTubby666 said:

Will there ever be a version for XBox One controller support?

Xbox One wired controllers are already supported. And if I'm not mistaken, the Bluetooth enabled Xbox One controllers can also be used via an 8bitdo adapter. I'm sure Bluetooth could be supported some other way as well, if someone has the motivation and time to add support for it. I don't think we'll see similar support as we do for Xbox 360 because there are no open source drivers for the Xbox One wireless dongle. It would be nice to see a single dongle that can handle Bluetooth from multiple Xbox One controllers though.

Edited by CorpusDeal
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 4:39 AM, Ryzee119 said:

If anyone has a Hyperkin Duke controller, I think ive got it working in the latest firmware update. If anyone is bored and wants to try it out, the firmware is here:

https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360/releases/tag/1.4

You will likely only need to update the 'master' module on your ogx360

hi, do you have a plan or date for a new batch? I'm interested in the 64 one too

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I've been putting a lot of thought into internalizing the OGX360. Using a 2.5" drive would easily make enough room for everything in the hard drive caddy. My question is regarding the necessary usb wiring. Another post that mentioned the X3CP and that got me thinking. The Xecuter CP came with a board that had a header that plugged into the motherboard controller ports and split out into the two female type A ports. Would something like this be easy to reproduce to make it a plug and play solution as opposed to cutting and soldering? The board din't seem to have any components on it and simply split the ports and converted them to female type A connectors.

Yes you could use one of the USB ports on the X3CP to connect to the OGX 360.

This is one I am putting together for a friend.

IMG_20200728_071142.thumb.jpg.a0343094ac2775db5e623578763c43de.jpg

As the Xbox is only ever going to be a one player they are going to use a 8bitD0 receiver and a Xbox one controller but you could use a MS wireless receiver and two Xbox 360 controllers or by using a powered USB hub you can use 2 8BitD0 receivers

If you are handy with a soldering iron this is one from Sean Youdis.

102683004_99292333_10157534841295679_3781401684001947648_n(1).thumb.jpg.855c54a270c59e32601dfeb3ac8c3b61.jpg

The one on the right is the original and his smaller version on the left.

This is from Timothy Kirkup. He has a 3D printed case the fits under the DVD drive. The Stl files are available for download

116119592_319601079217710_7583344018900955179_o.thumb.jpg.29c39b7c9a2476cd3f6431d1682cfda6.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

So I've been putting a lot of thought into internalizing the OGX360. Using a 2.5" drive would easily make enough room for everything in the hard drive caddy.

I'll make another caddy to hold the 2.5" HDD and the ogx360.  (One day this year, I hope.)

7 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

The Xecuter CP came with a board that had a header that plugged into the motherboard controller ports and split out into the two female type A ports. Would something like this be easy to reproduce to make it a plug and play solution as opposed to cutting and soldering?

Yes, I could easily have that manufactured in bulk but I'd need to order several hundreds of them to make it worthwhile to the manufacturer.  I'd have a huge concern about the actual demand though.  Only a small amount of people actually have the X3CP and an even smaller amount of people who have an X3CP would also want to do an internal ogx360.  (A lot of people are quite happy just to use the external ogx360.) 

The cable is very easy to make.  You would simply cut the end off a Micro USB cable and attach the required plug to the little USB board that comes with the X3CP (or you could even by-pass the little USB board altogether and plug right into the USB port header on the X3CP. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I'll make another caddy to hold the 2.5" HDD and the ogx360.  (One day this year, I hope.)

Yes, I could easily have that manufactured in bulk but I'd need to order several hundreds of them to make it worthwhile to the manufacturer.  I'd have a huge concern about the actual demand though.  Only a small amount of people actually have the X3CP and an even smaller amount of people who have an X3CP would also want to do an internal ogx360.  (A lot of people are quite happy just to use the external ogx360.) 

The cable is very easy to make.  You would simply cut the end off a Micro USB cable and attach the required plug to the little USB board that comes with the X3CP (or you could even by-pass the little USB board altogether and plug right into the USB port header on the X3CP. 

Even though Ryzee119 did an incredible job with the full kit with case, my OCD just kills me having all of that on the outside of the box. I snagged a Canadian crystal box back in 2005 off of eBay and ordered an X3CE and X3CP. The absolutely staggering prices those things are going for these days and how difficult they are to find has me not wanting to cut or modify any part of it as it is in pristine shape. I'm also not finding any "parts only" consoles that are at the right price point now either to source the controller ports from.

I have a bunch of perf board from project kits I have from when I was learning to solder that would work perfect, just have no idea what kind of male and female plugs the controller ports use at the motherboard. I'm sure mouser or digikey has them, just having a hopeless time trying to find them there. Do you happen to have any idea what they are? Thank you much for all the help and unrelated, but thank you again for the OpenXenium kits! Your work on those kits I bought may as well have been done and sold by TeamXodus directly.

15 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes you could use one of the USB ports on the X3CP to connect to the OGX 360.

This is one I am putting together for a friend.

IMG_20200728_071142.thumb.jpg.a0343094ac2775db5e623578763c43de.jpg

As the Xbox is only ever going to be a one player they are going to use a 8bitD0 receiver and a Xbox one controller but you could use a MS wireless receiver and two Xbox 360 controllers or by using a powered USB hub you can use 2 8BitD0 receivers

If you are handy with a soldering iron this is one from Sean Youdis.

102683004_99292333_10157534841295679_3781401684001947648_n(1).thumb.jpg.855c54a270c59e32601dfeb3ac8c3b61.jpg

The one on the right is the original and his smaller version on the left.

This is from Timothy Kirkup. He has a 3D printed case the fits under the DVD drive. The Stl files are available for download

116119592_319601079217710_7583344018900955179_o.thumb.jpg.29c39b7c9a2476cd3f6431d1682cfda6.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you for posting all that info Dave. That red board in the first shot looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

5 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

Even though Ryzee119 did an incredible job with the full kit with case

Yes, @Ryzee119 did a really nice job.

5 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

Thank you much for all the help and unrelated, but thank you again for the OpenXenium kits! Your work on those kits I bought may as well have been done and sold by TeamXodus directly.

NeMesiS created some really nice XeniumICE kits for sure.  I own a couple as well and I'm super happy with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I have a spare moment, I'll find you some part numbers.  If I haven't responded to you quick enough, shoot me off a PM as a reminder.

Cheers.

Edited by TEK Nemesis

8 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

Thank you for posting all that info Dave. That red board in the first shot looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

The red one is from N64 Freak, He is a member here and based in Germany send him a message.

Cheers

SS Dave

14 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Yes, @Ryzee119 did a really nice job.

NeMesiS created some really nice XeniumICE kits for sure.  I own a couple as well and I'm super happy with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I have a spare moment, I'll find you some part numbers.  If I haven't responded to you quick enough, shoot me off a PM as a reminder.

Cheers.

Holy shit. Thought you were the same dude. Sorry about that! Lol.....I'm sure you do great work too, and part numbers would be awesome when you can. Trying to find anything on those websites without knowing exactly what you are looking for and how to search it out is pure agony.

Edited by VCoupe376ci

16 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

Holy shit. Thought you were the same dude. Sorry about that! Lol.....I'm sure you do great work too, and part numbers would be awesome when you can. Trying to find anything on those websites without knowing exactly what you are looking for and how to search it out is pure agony.

No worries.  I get that all the time.  Just remember, I'm the good looking Canadian.