OGXbox.com

Wireless XBox 360 Controllers On the Og XBoX

Ryzee119

1 hour ago, shawly said:

Awesome you're da man! Just preordered one.

But do you make any profit out of this? I'd gladly donate a little more.

Awesome!

Im already getting everything lined up to get this batch out as soon as possible! 

I make enough to cover expenses and a little bit for the time and to help fund future projects! Not retiring from my day job anytime soon 🤣

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 3:01 PM, Seroczynski said:

Damn this is really nice. I'm currently using my budget to get some other Xbox-related accessories but I will surely keep an eye on a possible next pre-order :)

don't leave it for later, buy it today. it is a high quality product. he's perfect. I am very grateful that there are such cool people like Ryzee119. thanks again friend, what are you doing these things for retrogamers.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Ryzee119 said:

Awesome!

Im already getting everything lined up to get this batch out as soon as possible! 

I make enough to cover expenses and a little bit for the time and to help fund future projects! Not retiring from my day job anytime soon 🤣

Hi Ryzee119, I am Hector. I bought from you 1 adapter from Chile, thanks!

I have been wondering and thinking a lot, and decided to buy the 8bitdo wireless adapter to use an Xbox One controller (as those controllers are available to purchase here). So my question is, Does the rumble works well? And, how is the lag? (using Xbox One controller).

Thank you so much Ryzee119, my best regards ;)

Hector.

19 minutes ago, Hector Hidalgo said:

So my question is, Does the rumble works well? And, how is the lag?

Hi Hector,

Rumble does work on the 8bitdo perfectly! It supports variable strength and also each motor is controlled individually, so as close as it's gonna get.

Input lag is minimal. It is polled every 4ms (same rate as the Original Xbox controller). Reports from users who have used to 8bitdo adaptor say that they don't notice any input lag.

I made a video demonstrating the input lag (This is for wireless xbox 360 controllers, but there would be minimal difference to an 8bitdo adaptor).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Pnba7Y12Y

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryzee119 said:

Hi Hector,

Rumble does work on the 8bitdo perfectly! It supports variable strength and also each motor is controlled individually, so as close as it's gonna get.

Input lag is minimal. It is polled every 4ms (same rate as the Original Xbox controller). Reports from users who have used to 8bitdo adaptor say that they don't notice any input lag.

I made a video demonstrating the input lag (This is for wireless xbox 360 controllers, but there would be minimal difference to an 8bitdo adaptor).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Pnba7Y12Y

Nice Ryzee, great news! Now I cannot wait to get your adapter! ahahhha That and reading the research to bring back the Xbox live back, I am really excited! :)

I could never afford or get the Xbox at the time (Microsoft didnt even sell it here), so to me, this is dream come true! Even though I know you can play more demanding games on phones now hahha, where can you play such awesome games, and on a CRT TV! Only on Xbox ;)

My best regards, only 1 adapter left in your pre order, hope it goes out soon, so you can send even sooner.

Take care and thank you again, I really thank you,

Hector.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, irlandez said:

don't leave it for later, buy it today. it is a high quality product. he's perfect. I am very grateful that there are such cool people like Ryzee119. thanks again friend, what are you doing these things for retrogamers.

Totally agree to that.
I got added to the order on E*T*S*Y just 2 days ago and looking forward for beeing cordless on an 16 years old XBOX OG.

Just some offtopic,

the OG Xbox was only used during my study between 2006 and 2012, we had a lot of fun, especially with Mario Kart 64 and Fifa07. My roommates loved this box.
In 2006 I softmodded with ltools procedure and placed a 200GB IDE HDD locked to it.
Since I got more and more *.mkv files even XBMC was not used anymore by me or my wife.

My twins are currently getting older and I bought an Xbox360 RGH with 2TB, of course only for Backups ;)
But I realized early, for some stuff (a lot actually) my OG XBox is better, so I decided to do some rework.
The box is now completely reworked:
TSOP with IND 5004.76
2TB SATA incl. SATA Adapter and better IDE cable
Flashed and Modified LG8163b DVD (AllesFresser)
Removed Capacitor
Placed a quiet 70mm fan (80mm seems also to work but the thermal tunnel is broken, so temp is getting higher than before)
New Themal Paste
Ghostware Collections (SNES / N64/ SegaGenesisiMegaDrive)
XBox HDD Ready Collection
OpCoins Premium Elite

In Progress:
Xbox360 Controller for OGBox

Todo:
128MB RAM Upgrade
720p xbe adjustement for "tested" games

Truely, I think I spend many many hours to get back into especially to have lovely hours playing with my kids, but from an financial perspective it was non-sense (but fun)

BR

Mopped

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 2:21 AM, Ryzee119 said:

Got a new batch of pre-orders going!

Now including a custom design laser cut acrylic case and a USB adaptor cable to get you started out of the box

https://www.etsy.com/au/Ryzee119/listing/682458413/preorder-ogx360-4-player-support-with

Hello Ryzee119:

When will these be back up for sale again? I want one so bad I can not stand it! Please let me know!!!

Thank you,

Eagle_916

• 2 weeks later...

@Eagle_916 @lotec25

Try here https://www.chimericsystems.com/
This page is run by @Kekule and is a good option when I don't have any in stock. Especially if you're in the US (Saves shipping time/cost all the way from Australia)

Also xtek based out of Canada is making them https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100036396753085

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 1

Just a quick question, i finally got around to test this, and i got hold of a cheap generic reciever. But when i try to sync the controller to the reciever, the ring spins, then it seems to sync, but the ring on the controller just flashes steadily, it seems like it dont get any "number. Is my reciever faulty? I tried it on a pc too, and its the same.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:22 AM, ludvig82 said:

Just a quick question, i finally got around to test this, and i got hold of a cheap generic reciever. But when i try to sync the controller to the reciever, the ring spins, then it seems to sync, but the ring on the controller just flashes steadily, it seems like it dont get any "number. Is my reciever faulty? I tried it on a pc too, and its the same.

Please read this issue in its entirety https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360/issues/10

Report back if the issue is identical.

Check the model number of your controller and test with a different model controller.

Install the dongle on your pc using the official  Microsoft receiver  drivers and test again on pc.

This issue was resolved for my by using a genuine receiver.

Don't want to clutter the forum, but I really feel is needed to leave this, this is a copy of my Feedback on Etsy (I replace his name for the one in the forum):

"This is just amazing. I cannot say how thankful I am of Ryzee119, he was super understanding, the product works perfectly fine. I tested any lag, and it doesn't have any (I tested on Soulcalibur 2, 2 players, swords will hit each other).

Also the package came very fast to my country, which was not expected (because my country mail service sucks).

I am really happy, and I am excited to see wich new features Ryzee119 could add in the future to the board (let's be honest I asked Ryzee119 for button remapping or analogue sticks reversed X and Y)

Nonetheless, thank you Ryzee119, you made me happy, you were great to me,

Hector Hidalgo."

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 6:52 AM, ludvig82 said:

Hey whats the  PID/VID of the receiver? 

I got my board yesterday and all is well except there is one little issue.  I am running a Mod Chip in my OGXbox and at the Bios screen the controller does not work.  I have to use an old Controller to be able to select the bios.  Is this something that could be looked at maybe figured out?

12 minutes ago, lotec25 said:

I got my board yesterday and all is well except there is one little issue.  I am running a Mod Chip in my OGXbox and at the Bios screen the controller does not work.  I have to use an old Controller to be able to select the bios.  Is this something that could be looked at maybe figured out?

What modchip/what bios?

Some of these bios screens only check if controller is connected once at startup. You can check this by only connecting your original oem controller after the bios menu has booted and seeing if it works.

This may cause issue with the ogx360 because it takes a few seconds for the wireless controller to sync up so it doesnt connect until after the bios has checked inputs.

If you could check this with the original controller and let me know that would be good!

2 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

What modchip/what bios?

Some of these bios screens only check if controller is connected once at startup. You can check this by only connecting your original oem controller after the bios menu has booted and seeing if it works.

This may cause issue with the ogx360 because it takes a few seconds for the wireless controller to sync up so it doesnt connect until after the bios has checked inputs.

If you could check this with the original controller and let me know that would be good!

I have tried unplugging and replugging a controller and it does not work. It has to be plugged in before turning it on.  I have the Aladdin XT Upgraded to Xblast.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lotec25 said:

I have tried unplugging and replugging a controller and it does not work. It has to be plugged in before turning it on.  I have the Aladdin XT Upgraded to Xblast.

Thanks mate. Ill have  a look into it in the next couple days. I think I can fix it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lotec25 said:

I just have it bypassing the bios now and boot straight to dash.  Hopefully you can find a fix. if not it's not a huge loss

On my Xbox, which is softmodded, there is absolutely 0 issues. So your issue is 100% due to your modchip. Well I guess you probably know that already ;)

Honestly I just hope Ryzeee119 can be let off the hook for a while, so that at a later time he can figure out some remapping options for the controller/board.

Well, I am sure Ryzee119 also likes to tinker around with these things like we do also, but still.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

In part its bad coding of the actual bios not supporting usb hot plugging but it's an annoying inconvenience that I can fix 🙂

@Ryzee119  I know it is annoying that the bios guy did this, But really its not a huge rush I would like it fixed so I could choose another bios but not in a hurry I got a fix.  I want you to work on remapping also, I love this thing so far, I can't wait to see what else you come up with.