OGXbox.com

xbmc weather plugin is back

prtscn

• 5 months later...

There were some reports that plugin wasn't working. I didn't check it nor use it for about half a year. Probably something did change on API which plugin is using. I suggest you to wait new release of XBMC it will have working weather. I hope new release will come before end of this year.

3 minutes ago, antonic901 said:

There were some reports that plugin wasn't working. I didn't check it nor use it for about half a year. Probably something did change on API which plugin is using. I suggest you to wait new release of XBMC it will have working weather. I hope new release will come before end of this year.

That would be welcome... been the same version since the mid 2000s... is there news of this anywhere? I can't find any...

10 minutes ago, antonic901 said:

Here is more info about weather plugin implementation and why it was dropped: https://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/128

@Bowlsnapper

Well I'm referring to my updates of XBMC, I think you saw thread about XBMC and Estuary skin..

I'll read up in the morning. :) And yes I remember your thread. I thought it was just the skin... apparently I didn't pay close enough attention.

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'll read up in the morning. :) And yes I remember your thread. I thought it was just the skin... apparently I didn't pay close enough attention.

No, I wanted to port Estuary but then I realised that many things are missing and that's impossible task. Then I started to look at Kodi GUILIB, create list of must-have features and started porting them. Some were hard, some easy, some impossible. XBMC4Xbox was really outdated, especially GUILIB. 50% of that code was dating back to XBMC 2009 which was last release for Xbox. Now I get to the point where every Kodi skin (latest ones) can be ported without a problem, but there are many missing features which are not mandatory, but it would be nice to have them. Some of them are missing InfoLabels like ListItem.Art(...), ListItem.DBType, some InfoBools like Container.CanFilter, Container.AdvancedFilter etc. Porting all of those missing features is depended on Database/Smartplaylist sorting refactor, and that feature depend on Texture Cache refactor and that is dealing with low-level GPU rendered (DirectX) and Textures which I'm not familiar with and I there is some code which we don't have and it's added when linuxport branch was merged to Trunk. So I'm trying to figure out how to backport that, and it's really hard because I don't understand I one line of code inside gui3d.h, XboxRenderer and other classes which are responsible for GPU.

Some other features which are worth mentioning are:

1. Updated Python to 2.7.18
2. Upated OpenSSL to 1.0.2u (so we now have TLS1.2 support and don't need proxy to connect to modern APIs)
3. Fixed weather
4. Fixed scrapers (added TMDB based scapers from latest Kodi branch)
5. Added option to keep Window Loaded after deinit so now opening windows is super fast on 128MB Xboxes

• Thanks 1

No it doesn't exist. I provided patch to BuZz but he never review it. It will be part of my XBMC fork. I dont know when I'm gonna release it, first plan was late avgust/early septembar, but that's not real exceptation. I hope I'll get everything till the end of this year

Edited by antonic901
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antonic901 said:

No it doesn't exist. I provided patch to BuZz but he never review it. It will be part of my XBMC fork. I dont know when I'm gonna release it, first plan was late avgust/early septembar, but that's not real exceptation. I hope I'll get everything till the end of this year

Well I'm glad you're working on it. Thank you for doing so. I need to create a modern Xbox for running stuff like this in the long term (HDMI, RAM and CPU).