OGXbox.com

How Does a Softmod Installation Work?

Neo

I already know how to use the tools to softmod. But where can I learn about how the game exploits are used to softmod, from a technical point of view? Like with Splinter Cell, you load up a bad save, there's a buffer overrun somewhere, jumps to some arbitrary code that XXXX? I assume the exploit code installs a new dashboard and everything, but doesn't Xbox also do a signature check to make sure that the code is signed before allowing it to run?

4 hours ago, Xbmcmodsforxbox said:

Just look up how to softmod an original xbox or look up original xbox softmod files splinter cell and btw it has to be original it cant be platinum hits

Any version of Splinter Cell will work! :)

MechAssault has to be the original, not Platinum Hits release.

007: Agent Under Fire can be the original release or one of the two Platinum Hits releases.  They did patch one of the releases that prevents the softmod gamesave exploit from working to hack the console.

5c2563c656216_007-AgentUnderFire(Softmoddingoneworkotherdoesnot).png.f423588a9cdb8460a44d79203d6320ba.png

And, for JCRocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 saves are available.

Edited by KaosEngineer